Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New Bike!






For quite some time Gabby has been crazy about bikes, she points them out whenever see them- which in Japan is all the time!  We have to visit the bikes when we go to one of the stores, all the bikes are too big but she sits on them and loves it.  I found a bike that would work perfect for us.  It is more like a plastic tricycle but it can convert three different ways.  I have the handle on it now so I can push it (or she can) until she actually learns to pedal (or can reach them better.)   We have been on the lookout for a helmet, but all that seems to be available are ones for big headed kids, I mean the 3+ crowd.  Today on our adventure (more to come on that when I have energy) off base I found one that pretty much fits her curly haired head.  Gabby was excited as can be, which is thrilling b/c other kids I know refuse to wear helmets.  We took the bike to the elementary school across from our house and had a pretty good time. Our neighbors who are moving next week joined us so that was even better.  I also brought a new bubble gun that all the kids went wild over. So here are pictures off all things having to do with the new bike in our life!  Oh and we do having something else new in our life, a goldfish we have named Dorothy (yes, just like Elmo's fish.)  The neighbors that are moving gave her to us and Gabby is so excited that she HUGS the fishbowl, and also wants to feed her numerous times a day!  

4 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

I love G wearing her helmet even when she isn't on the bike. Did you hear grandpa set up her pool for Lucy last weekend? I thought that was so sweet. What a tall, sweet girl G is.

Sarahbelle said...

She wore the helmet quite a bit, in the house to sweep and out on the playground without the bike in sight! I hope Lucy enjoyed the pool, that is pretty sweet of Dad.

K + T said...

Hello there ! I LOVE these blogs -it's so great to check up on you and see what you are doing. Thanks so much for putting up new posts even when you are worn out! Hugs all around, love and miss you three!

rockin'_robyn said...

hello to my japanese family. It's aunt Robyn:) so excited K gave me your blog address...keep them coming!