Monday, September 21, 2009

Growing, continued...

I have not blogged in too long, just busy it seems. We are back in VA and back to our schedule, plus Clayton is on his 96 hrs off so I have a moment! What has been going on for us lately, lots of growing! Elliot had his 4 month check up two weeks ago and went back last week for his shots. He is a whopping 19 lbs and 26 inches long. He is strong as all get out too. Currently he is trying to crawl, it started as getting on his hands and toes then lunging forward. It has now progressed to stretching out his arms and pulling himself forward. He is mobile on his back as well, scooting around (sometimes in a circle). He doesn't sit up unassisted yet, but when he is done nursing pulls himself to almost sitting. Other big news, he has a tooth! The sharpest little tooth poked through on Thursday, and continues to make him gnaw and drool on everything. It is the bottom front tooth, on the right side. I also think that the second left side tooth may be trying to make an appearance!
Gabby is on a growing spree too! Once she got settled into East coast time she started sleeping excellent! She has been going to bed without a fight, in her own bed at 8pm and sleeping almost 12 hours each night! Yesterday she didn't get a nap, but then at 4pm fell fast asleep laying across Clayton's lap. Her appetite is giving mine a run too! The girl needs food like I have never seen her before. She will eat dinner (6pm or so) eat a snack or two! before bed (8pm) and has awoken during the night asking for something to eat twice this week. Two night ago she ate half a turkey sandwich at 3:45 am! Needless to say I tried packing her full of food last night before bed so she wouldn't wake with a growling stomach during the night.
Our house has become a swamp- also known as we play Shrek constantly! Gabby has become obsessed with Shrek the movie, which she watched the day we flew home to WA. She always wants to pretend she is Shrek, I get to be Fiona, Elliot is usually Donkey and if Clayton is home he gets to be Puss in Boots the cat. We even play Shrek at the park (with a few strange looks from the other kids). Shrek told me the other day "you are a stinky ogre you need a shower in the swamp. " Our water and apple juice is now called swamp water too!
The sweetest thing with my two growing babies is the love they have for each other! Elliot smiles and giggles for Gabby, she doesn't even have to do anything to make him laugh or grin. She really is wanting to pick him up (he is a tad too big for her to do that, she only outweighs him by 10 lbs) and she doesn't even cry or complain when he pulls her hair (he tried to pull himself up to sitting by pulling on her hair, no tears or whining even). Gabby was keeping Elliot company in his crib (this week I plan to try to move him into it at night b/c he is too big for the bassinet) while I was making her bed. I hear lots of giggles and ask what is going on- she was teaching him to wrestle she said! When we are in the car and Elliot cries (he is now in a big boy carseat, but rear facing still) Gabby reaches over and holds his hand, even singing to him sometimes! He often will stop crying, when he did the other day she said "that was all he needed to make him happy, I hold his hand."

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So sweet! I would agree that the best part is seeing them become brothers and sisters. So fun. That holding hand thing and singing is too cute. Today in the car Braxton was playing "do as I'm doing" and Addy was trying to mimic him. It was cracking me up.
Your kids are too cute. Glad Clayton is home to help you out a bit.
Take care.
Oh, and the eating thing cracks me up. We haven't really experienced that...she must be a growing girl!