Monday, November 9, 2009

Mountain of Trash!

My new necklace! The pearl is not really on G's disc, just next to it. E loves tugging on it.Impossible to get both kids to look at me and smile at the same time!
Mr Cutie Pie!
Notice the guy in mid-air?


This past week while Clayton was working evenings I started taking the kids to Mt Trashmore almost nightly. It truly is a mountain made of trash. It is a former dump that they did all sorts of stuff to and made it a park, complete with what Gabby and I call Trash Lake. There are two big hills (mountains) there. The larger one is pretty big, and atop it you can usually find people flying kites. There are many other things you can do up there, like sit and watch the freeway, or look at all the people walking around the bigger trash lake (where they have the regular playground). The other side is where you usually find us, now that I am brave enough to take both kids there alone. This is where the CASTLE Park is, it is an entire wood playground and looks like a castle. The passageways are quite narrow, it is after all a kid area- so I have to squeeze in some spots since me + Elliot in the ergo carrier are a bit too wide to fit everywhere. BUT if I don't play on it, you loose your child since there is so many little paths and kids there. Yesterday in particular there were a million and two kids there, I guess that is what people do on a Sunday evening when it is 70* out in November (should have known when both parking lots were FULL). Our newer favorite thing to do is climb the smaller mountain (on the castle side) and sit in the grass and watch the skateboarders and bikers. There are two skate areas, one with lots of ramps and the other which is a HUGE, ummm don't know what you call it a half pipe maybe?
Today we were headed there, Elliot fell asleep finally after not much sleep due to Dr check up and 3 shots. Gabby fell asleep too! Clayton and I could not believe it, she is not the napping kind these days. She was upset that we didn't go, but we were not going to wake her, and the park now closes at 5pm. The kids and I were there when they announced it closing the other night, move your car before we close the gate... Gabby and I had a big talk about it and I was trying to explain why we have to leave, things like eat dinner, can't play in the dark there it is dangerous. She made up that if we got stuck there we would have to eat wood chips for dinner.
Funny story, when we were there last week there were two men running on the hill and they both laid down in the grass to rest. These were hard core runners, doing some sort of training I think. Little Ms Gabby sees them lay down and lays right next to the man from Ghana, and puts her hands behind her head just like him! He noticed her quickly and thought it was quite funny, then tried to have her run with him but she told him she had a mom and dad to run with!

4 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

E looks almost as big as G! Danny says he looks just like a boy G :)

K + T said...

Hello darlings! What a nice way to wake up in the morning ! I love checking your blog and seeing the latest. I remember you mentioning Mt. Trashmore but I didn't realise it was a whole complex! Love the necklace - how did you come up with that design ? Is it something that I could order over here for my friend for xmas ?
Love you all, Kayali

Krista said...

Hi Sarah! I finally found your blog again! I agree with Molly about Elliot looking like he is the same size as Gabby. Wow, that boy is BIG! I love how your necklace turned out!! I'm definitely going to have to copy you and buy myself one for my birthday after baby Miley-Hannah is born. :-)

Andrea said...

Are Elliot's eyes blue? I can't tell but they look pretty light. He is getting so big!
I love the story telling by Gabby. So fun.
Lucky you guys in your 70 degree weather!
love you