Sunday, December 20, 2009

December

Oh, the things we find to keep ourselves entertained on frigid winter days! This is Clay's ID arm band holder. Gabby and I both were laughing when she put it on. I didn't take any pictures of her fashionable underwear hats/masks she put on while I folded laundry tonight.
Yum, Gabby wanted to bake today (what else is new, she is so my daughter. When bored, bake!) so we had our first attempt at making almond roca. Not the traditional kind like Auntie Carm made, but the easy kind where you use saltine crackers. It is good, a bit too sugary but good.I bought a gingerbread kit, too lazy to do the real deal. I started it but quickly got put on cranky boy duty. Gabby and Clay made it, and it turned out perfect!
Grandpa and his lovies! These kids adore him, and it is pretty mutual I think. Right before bed the night before he flew home, I realized I hadn't taken any pictures- how did that happen?

Elliot's favorite thing to do, crawl down the hallway with whoever will do it with him!
You would expect the sibling of GABBY to be quiet since she is so loud (when would they get the opportunity to talk) but this is not the case. Elliot is a talker too, he competes with her already to be heard! They do love to make music and sing together too!
Elliot has begun standing up all the time. He does it totally on his own, and gets very excited about it. We do too! he lasts up to about 10 seconds before he plops down- but then he pops right back up it seems. Other new things E is up to, when I say "drum!" he pats his hands on whatever he is in front of- the toilet lid while I brush my teeth, the couch, the rubbermaid full of Christmas decor (now used as a gate to keep him in the living room). When we play music on his Mozart Music Cube (very cool toy) he conducts! Gabby started saying it "look he's conducting!" and yes he does. It may be more of an excitement thing and a semi clap but we like to think he is a musical genius!
Gabby is very much into Christmas. She loves to touch the ornaments on the tree, and is learning to sing a few songs, and she got to open one present last night and that was VERY exciting. Today she asked if she could tear into another- nope, not until Christmas. I am very happy to report that she is into the true spirit of the holiday, she adores our Nativity scenes. She kisses them all and talks about them. I remembered about her felt nativity people that Clay's Aunt Maxine made for us and got them out for her to play with (they were not in the Christmas stuff, because they were out after everything was put away). She knows who everyone is, and still calls Mary "the Mother Mild." She talks about Great Grandpa Bill being in the nativity, because he is in Heaven with them. We have been doing lots of talking and discussions about Heaven since GG Bill passed away, I am amazed at what she knows and remembers and figures out. We had a teary talk yesterday about her Uncle Scott, and she knew exactly who he was and his name ("Scott, not Spock" in her own words, as she is very into Captain Kirk and Spock after watching Star Trek with Clay) and that she was so sad she didn't know him. I cry just thinking about it, but I am SO thankful and feel blessed that both Elliot and Gabrielle have many wonderful Aunts and Uncles that they know and love! Along with Grandparents and friends too! Even though we live so far away, I am truly thankful for the close relationships my family and I share with all of you!

4 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

Such a sweet post, almost made me cry sitting at my desk. Keep up the good work keeping G&E entertained sis.

Anonymous said...

Such great pictures!!! I love the one you emailed too :)

rockin'_robyn said...

it's great that you're talking about heaven with G. I know Scott would've loved being an uncle to your kiddos. Missing you alot.

K + T said...

I heard about your post before I saw it - Tatiana loved it and told me all about it. She was right, it totally got me all teared up. I just think you guys are doing a really great job with your kids. Love you all, Kayali

ps. love the picture of Clayton & Gabby doing the gingerbread house! We do them over here too!