Last weekend Clay and I followed the signs in our neighborhood to a "big garage sale." Instantly I saw it knew it had to be ours, Clayton didn't agree.... I won! We now have our very own play kitchen, complete with a BBQ on the back side. Clay's reason for not wanting to buy it are totally legit- that means we have to play kitchen all the time! Yes, but keeping it outside means we have more to do in the back yard, yet with the heat we only spend an hour or two at a time out there. We promptly scrubbed the kitchen down and were applauded by Gabby for being "such a thoughtful mother and father!" Now she can be a mommy whenever she wants! What a deal, $30 and in great condition (missing only the little pretend toys it came with and the fabric awning). Plastic play food has been bought and is strewn about the yard and house. Success!
Bright idea, bring the paint outside so there is less to clean up! Use cardboard for the paint pallet and let them decorate the fence. Right now I am sticking with the excuse that the paint says it is washable.... so was the RED marker on our apartment carpet that costs a a whole months rent when we moved out!Forget paint brushes, Elliot chose the more natural method of using hands and feet!
I have been teaching Gabby about ROY G BIV.

3 comments:
love it! the fence never looked so good. and you are tricky with the right on comments, please teach me how! miss you, mom
thanks so much for sharing your summer fun! how are you surviving the heat wave? we're in the midst of 60* weather...and it RAINED yesterday :(
I love the fence! What a great idea! We're sweltering in Europe as well - it was 90 at 9pm last night - at least tonight we got a thunderstorm to cool us down!
Post a Comment