So the next 72 hours will be a bit of an adventure, hopefully a calm one! Hurricane Irene is headed our way, and I have no idea if we are going to evacuate or sit it out. They have mandatory evacuate orders for much of OBX, which is pretty close by but there is nothing in place for VB. We will have wind and rain for sure, but just how much?? DO I pack up the kids and a cooler of food and head inland, if so, where? Do I go now and avoid the crowds? Wait it out? Right now it looks as though Irene will be a category 3 leaving OBX and downgrading to a 2 closer to us. I feel a little deja vu from the days of Typhoon warnings in Japan. There really wasn't anywhere to evacuate to, so we just stocked up on essentials and hunkered down in our apartments. Half the time they didn't hit, and other times we got the storm. Really there is just no predicting the exact path, I guess be prepared and have a plan is what I will do. Another thing that is totally akin to Japan is the earthquake we had this week! The house started shaking and I knew the feeling, but they are so rare I thought maybe it was construction near the house or something at first.
I guess part of not wanting to leave is that we have only been home from our 3 week WA vacation for a week. During that week we have already taken a camping trip too! We have one busy and exciting summer! Visit from Party Auntie and Fancy Uncle, a trip to WA complete with the amazing wedding of "Stinkin' Mindi" and Jon, 1st family camping trip- with friends as a 4th birthday celebration for Seth, oh and on top of all that we got our final orders on moving. Jacksonville, Florida will be our new home. The two days during which we got back from WA and left for camping we got word that oh by the way not only are you moving, but you have to move SOON! In 2 months from now to be exact. Lots going on, and even more to do! House hunting has started, which is very nerve wracking!
Oh yeah, another exciting note in all of this adventure, Elliot has gone from little boy to full blown BOY! On a whim the other day he didn't wear a diaper (who am I kidding, we aren't strict on him wearing one at home) then the next 2 days he wore underwear- like even when I took him out and about! He has been amazing, using the potty all the time! Coolest thing was he told me the 1st day when we were at Kohls shopping (looking for kid size back packs) they had a kid size toilet! Oh the things that excite a mom! Of course I did just buy a box of diapers, but he can use those for night time still.
Gabby is still the sassiest 4 and a half year old I know, but oh so smart and sweet too. She has been speaking Spanish like you wouldn't believe lately. Her vocabulary has expanded beyond colors, numbers and a few random words she learned from Dora. Many of her words are courtesy of Skippyjon Jones we got a few from the library a while back, and our friends shared them with us too. Now we own a few of the books, and they have CDs that come with them so we listen to the books on CD in the car.... and speak and sing in the silly way as the cat who thinks he is a chihuahua.
I have a million pictures to share, at some point. There are so many to choose from, the sailboat ride with my sissy, beach fun with Auntie, camping kids!
1 comment:
Love the new blog update and all of you! Skippy talkin/ last night was mucho funno. Moms
Post a Comment