My very Sweet boy is now THREE! His party went together perfectly, and I think a good time was had by all! With a few close friends and some family too we celebrated Sunday afternoon. The morning had started out with rain, and as I went to bed that night it POURED- but in between it was a gorgeous day to be outside celebrating an amazing 3 year old boy. I went about this party differently, deciding to not stress myself out about treat bags (because you have to have enough for everyone so you buy extra and then people don't show up and you are left with lots of junk!) and concentrating more on fun for everyone- with good food! Super Heros were our theme, because that is all we talk about and play these days. seriously. Elliot changed his clothes as he normally does about 5 times before the party started. What shirt you are wearing dictates what kind of hero you are. G & E matched in their Super Man/Girl shirts.
This Green Lantern mask is a big hit. The pointy nose creeps me out a little.
Lightsabers were a big score, he got 3 which is perfect so we can play together, along with the foam sword. I loved having a good friend of mine (we met at work in Japan) and her family join us, the kids all played so well and had such a fun time!
I made all the decorations. Poster board, scissors and a big black marker- cost for all: $2.50. I traced and cut out lots of Batman, Flash, Green Lantern and Superman shapes, and even more comic "star" burst things.
Homemade mounds bars. YUM. Dark chocolate, unsweetened coconut and a little coconut oil. A few almond slices on some and chilled in the freezer.
1st time doing a candy buffet. it was a pretty big hit. Even my 17 year old nephew and his girlfriend filled bags with their names up. Not a healthy thing, but so much fun. And really, the kids haven't touched but one candy a day from them.
I love his excitement, he really is such a sweet and generous boy.
My favorite cupcakes, so good.
In addition to the candy, everyone got a hula hoop to take home- after we played games with them.
E chose lemon cupcakes in addition to my choice of coconut. I made a simple whip cream frosting with fresh lemon juice to top them.
Having all eyes on him is something he doesn't usually have, or want but he did get a big smile looking around at all the people that were there singing Happy Birthday to HIM!
I asked him what his favorite part of his birthday party was, "when I got to eat 2 cupcakes!" Earlier he said "mom, I love my birthday party!"
Happy 3RD Birthday to the sweetest boy there ever has been!









4 comments:
You should have included a picture of your amazing sidewalk art!! :-)
Thanks again for inviting us! We had so much fun!
It was a great party for E! It came together so nicely and I loved the games especially the bugs in the grass. So fun for our sweet E!
Ok you are officially helping me with Adelle's party coming up in June! You are awesome. That batman poster looks so official!
I need to be in bed but I am all wound up from basketball! ;(
Ah - you kill us with the things we miss! Everything looks like it was SO much fun! The look on his happy little face is just too much... Happy Birthday Elliot!
Post a Comment