The calendar says Summer is here, the weather hasn't agreed all the way. We are loving having so much family close by to do fun things with and to be able to celebrate with them. Instead of December, June was the time for the family cabin to host it's annual party. It was a busy weekend for many people but we made it there and enjoyed getting to see lots of family- and the weather was great so we spent hours at the beach. Cousins (of some degree) all had a blast hauling wood and constructing a fort.
My Boys, that blue sky and water IS in WA.
E climbed the tree, peeked in a birds nest & scrapped his knees. My favorite part of the picture, the EE on the shed. Not only is is my Grandparents initials- but now it is the newest Niece's too!
It was a beautiful drive home!
The last few weeks of preschool were busy, including a field trip to the marine center where the kids all touched lots of sea creatures and played around. Here are my two creatures on display!
My BLUE eyed boy.
this was attempt #1 at taking off the training wheels. E is on his balance bike and can really zoom on it. G wasn't too keen on having just 2 wheels. We even put one training wheel back on, and well we haven't tried it since!
Saturday before Father's day was a busy and successful day. G & E competed in their very first fishing tournament- for bluegills. They were up early, packed with extra clothes, lunches and new life jackets to wear with Grandpa and Dad in the boat. It POURED down rain. Gabby didn't like leaving her line just sit in the water- but ended up catching 7 fish. She won the fishing pole in the raffle.
Elliot was very patient and caught 10 fish, which landed him in 3rd place in the 0-6 year old bracket. It was a tie for 1st with 11 fish. He won the pink tackle box and Princess pole, and a flashlight! I think it will be a new tradition for the 4 of them. That night Clay and I had one of his sisters and her husband over and we all went to support my Sissy at her big fundraiser.
I am nervous about the teen years to come by looking at this picture!
He is back in love with this hat... and wears it with anything including his fur vest (with no shirt of course)
my idea for teacher presents, block printing kitchen towels. We used the towels to wrap up jars of homemade salted caramel sauce- yum.
The weather report said it would be so nice, well the sun barely came out and it was only 61* but the kids didn't care and still insisted on stripping down to their suits and splashing in the tide pools at the bay.
brrrrr, so cold. Happy Summer!











2 comments:
Comment from Uncle 'Mas: when I saw E wearing his hat, I burst out laughing because he immediately made me think about Charles Trenet,a very famous French singer, who remained a celebrity for 60 years, even singing in Carnegie Hall in NY for years in a row. The best is that E. has the same look (hat and fingers in the air and a big smile). Check this out: http://nizelyly.livejournal.com/15746.html
By the way - love the goatee look on Clay! I might be biased though :) I also love Gabby's swimsuit! I swear I had one like that that we bought in Mexico. Too bad I liked it so much I wore the thing out...
Post a Comment