Colorful, bright and so much fun. That was our 4th of July. I stuck with the showing my patriotism for Red, White and Blue with my first real black eye! Last Saturday at our softball tournament I had my first go at playing catcher (ya know, because we had other girls playing who actually know what they are doing out on the field!) I got popped right on the cheek bone by a foul tip from a lefty. It instantly swelled up, and as the day went on it got more colorful. I continued to play 2 more games- at catcher none the less. Sunday the eye was very swollen, making it difficult to see much down or to the side.... so I sat out the 2 tournament games, but played that evening in our league game. The colors are changing, and it is looking better and feeling better. True love, Clay bought me a face mask so if I play catcher in our tournament this weekend I will be protected!
We changed our plans so many times before the 4th, trying to figure out what to do. In the end we decided to stick close to home instead of rushing around all day. Some friends are living RIGHT on the lake (in their friends house, between selling their old house and waiting to move into their new house) in an incredible house. We had such a perfect day. Great food, perfect friendship- all with our spouses, silly sweet kids running around, sunshine, water, boats, sports, and more.
A hug around the neck.
tree climbing with a view
"fishing"
Moose
swinging each other round and round!
we enjoyed everyone else's fireworks, and a few ridiculous smoke bombs and firecrackers Clay picked up. The kids both watching them for the 1st time (since they are usually sound asleep)






1 comment:
What a trooper you are Sarah! How did your team do overall in the tournament ? Do you feel better now that you have a mask ?
Love the pictures of the kids on the 4th. They look so happy!
And wow on the picture of the fireworks - wasn't it hard to take ?
Post a Comment