Tuesday, August 7, 2012

San Diego Summer

What an adventure we had in San Diego.  First it started with a 2 day drive (yes my husband is nuts, and would rather drive 1300 miles than fly for 3 hours) and getting in very late.  Part of the timing of our trip was so that we could watch our 4 beautiful blond nieces while their parents were off on meetings in Texas.  
 Our 1st day with all 6 kids we went on a bike ride up to the school.  Big mistake, this was the only truly happy moment of the trip.  After this was taken and they one by one made their way down the sloped driveway, G crashed (she didn't use her brakes) and it all went down hill from there. I know it was due to being extremely over tired (lacking 9 hrs of sleep in the past 3 days) but I don't think she stopped crying or screaming the rest of the ride.  She was really upset that we weren't in "age order"... but it was due to her fits, all the younger kids passed her! Clay and I dubbed it the bike ride from hell. Did I mention it was 90* out.
 Popsicle time, and all are happy! (this was the next day)
 My pancake helpers, E cracked his egg- H was a bit surprised by it but then I let her crack one, for the very 1st time! These two were so sweet and hilarious together, I loved listening to their conversations... and H totally bossing E around!
 It happened, his 1st real mohawk.  The beach also happened, but E wasn't thrilled by the sand that got in his shorts and wanted to be naked instead (surprise?)
 E C H A E G   the gang!
 Did I forget to say it was mohawks x2?  Clay ended up shaving his off before he took G to her ER visit for the pussy willow.
 The lone boy on this day, pretty rough.
 4 girls and their amazing mom.  
 G got right back into loving the ocean and the beach.  She got so into rolling in the sand her bathing suit bottoms filled up with so much sand they fell down.
 Life is good.  Eating a cookie in the sand.
Ry Ry came over for a visit!  Clay and I did get to meet him and another buddy from our Japan days for lunch one day too.

Just a quick blog photo update... more to come!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love seeing how much the kids have grown! I especially loved the picture of a sleeping E! Precious! The summer seems to have slipped by in the blink of an eye! Miss you guys!

Batten Rouge said...

Love that picture of E sacked out on the bench! And the mohawk is AWESOME!!