Friday, January 25, 2013

Remember.

Things I always want to remember:
Elliot told me he was going to marry me on our drive to the library. Then tonight I asked him after reading a book about basketball if he was going to dream of basketball, or baseball? "no. I gonna dream about you. When I marry you."
 Gabby reading books, sounding out words like a champion. Asking me to ask her more math questions.  In the car I asked her multiplication. She did the 2s and the 5s,  easily. Kindergarten doesn't teach that- that is US, her parents teaching her.
Veggies and kids, a winning combination in our home.  Yesterday they both needed snacks (per usual) and both grabbed heads of romaine lettuce, taking huge bites and laughing the whole time.  Tonight while I made chinese chicken salad, after they took turns spinning the napa cabbage clean they nibbled it and talked about if it was musical. ... musical, ya know- gives you toots.  Gabby said she really liked the napa cabbage, better than the regular.
 At the store, a new big plant in the cart taking up most of the room.  Elliot sat in the big basket, with the leaves hanging over him.  He was Tarzan in the jungle, I got to be the gorilla. He wanted to buy the little plastic lemon or lime filled with juice. We went with the lime, he opened it up and tried to taste it. Sour a bit? Then we picked out 3 new flavors of bubble gum, lemon square and sherbet along with watermelon.  Our new favorite lately is root beer float, all these kids love gum.
 We have spent too much time cooped up in the house, cold weather, zero visibility fog, colds. We finally are back into 40degree weather. Yesterday I had all 4 kids, Gabby had a fever the night before so we waited for her to be 24 hrs fever free to go back to school. We stopped at Grandpa's, baby EE took a nap on Grandpa while we cruised around the block and the alley.  G & E on scooters and cousin C on her trike.  We visited the chickens and ducks, did the "BIG" hill down the alley, and finished up climbing the tree and drawing bright beautiful chalk pictures all over the sidewalk.  Today was Elliot on his 2 wheeler and me trying to run.  We made it 1.12 miles, it took 23 minutes and I had to keep corralling E along.  It was a great time.
Gabby is on the countdown for her birthday, so excited and anxious.  It's hard to plan a party when you can't send invitations to school unless you invite the whole class. Not going to happen. I finally got all the girls in the class parent contact info. Half got email invites the others I had to call. A few of the parents and I struggled to communicate in English, so I texted them the info.  This was the night of the fever, so when she awoke in the middle of the night I laid down and told her about talking with her friends parents and our plans for a mermaid shindig.
 War and slapjack have been happening, it is so hard to play with this family.  Everyone but me is so competitive. Gabby asks Clay why he won't go easy on them. Elliot stacks the deck when he deals, and peaks before laying down each card.
Love these kids, they melt my heart and are so much fun.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love this, all of it. Thoughts like these swim in my mind all the time in the hopes that I will remember them. Boy do I wish WA was a whole lot closer! <3

K + T said...

Thanks for sharing the every day magic! We love hearing about it all, love imagining your days!