This weekend we had our second annual Farm Tour weekend in Skagit Valley. Last year we met up with our good friends and had an incredible time. Perfect weather and lots of fun for kids and adults. This year was much of the same, surprising warm weather and more fun! We did 3 farms this year, 2 of them the same as last year.
Our first farm is perfect for all things fall. Apple picking, pumpkins of every variety imaginable, corn maze, and a bit more. The basket of apples we go last year were great, so this year we doubled up on our picking- we came home with 40 lbs of apples!
It was warm enough that I didn't fight Elliot about wearing his favorite camo shorts, and the jacket only lasted an hour or so.
The corn maze is more of just a field of corn with lots of trails. The kids ran wild, it was perfect.
The cute kids!
Now this is the fall I love.
Second farm we went to was Taylor Shellfish. I have been many times before, for field trips as a kid and then with my family to get oysters for parties. They had crab races, Gabby won. I ate a raw, fresh shucked oyster- so did Clay and I had a few of the clams they harvested there.
The wind really picked up, and it made for really tangled hair but it was so fun!
We all made little Fairy huts, branches, seaweed, shells, flowers, and more were used. They filled our shells with fresh water and some seeds for the fairies to enjoy. Plus the kids each got a certificate!
The oyster shell light house!
Pretty beautiful place to spend a Sunday in October!








1 comment:
Happy happy happy to see your beautiful smiling faces!!!!!!
Looks like just the best Sunday ever..... Miss you all!!!!!
Post a Comment