Saturday, March 1, 2008

Creative





I have been feeling bursts of creativity the past few weeks.  Not only do the bursts come, I actually have done something with them a few times.  It all started after Gabby's birthday and making thank you cards for all the generous gifts she received. I love to make cards, but don't often do it- this time I did and they turned out pretty cute.  I took a sweet picture of Gabby in her new dress. The photo shoot wasn't ideal, she was a bit tired and you can see if you look closely that she is eating string cheese!  
Creative satisfaction number two came when I made chocolate covered strawberries for a bake sale.  I have made them a number of times, but this time I added white chocolate 'stripes' and they came out fantastic.  It helps that I started with amazingly perfect Japanese strawberries, how they are so sweet and pretty in the middle of February I have no clue.  
This past week I got the sudden urge to do something creative, that took me to the hobby mart (not all that great, this is the first time I have ever left with something I was actually looking for).  FELT.  Felt is great to work with, so much fun.  I am not great at drawing anything, so just going at a piece of felt with some scissors is what I did. Stitching them by hand together and using little baby clips, my final product was a bunch of really cute little hair clips.  I have given a few away already but have many more to make and pass out!  This little obsession has kept me up as late as midnight for three nights in a row!  
I hope this creativity stays in me, especially with spring right around the corner.  It feels so good to make something and be proud of it. 

1 comment:

Ms. Molly said...

Post pictures! Your projects always turn out so well, what a creative lady you are.
I've been feeling the need to clean out everything and organize; i think it might be due to the fact that our house is too small and we will be receiving more stuff at the wedding....