Tuesday, April 12, 2011

firsts

today was a day of firsts.
* first sighting of spring ducklings, on a little walk after the park.
* first time I have turned the A/C on this season. Last night I was tempted, it was 78 in the house but I got out and turned on the fans. today it was 85 out and I needed it cooler in the house.
*first time I have called poison control (1 800 222 1222). I was making lunch (peanut noodle salad, on whole wheat pasta with lots of shredded carrots and cilantro) and when I grabbed the ginger out of the freezer (so easy to use that way) a little spiderman ice pack fell out and Elliot instantly picked it up and started biting it- POP in his mouth! Red goo/gel in his mouth. I wiped it out and he got less than a teaspoon but I called to check. No problems, he is fine!!!!
*first time Elliot has gone to bed before 7pm in too long! No nap today due to Gabby's cooking class, he usually falls asleep in the car ride home. I got home from a 2.5 mile run at 6:40pm and he was asleep!
*first time in a long time something has broken that made me upset. Elliot pushed my big red platter/bowl that matches our dishes and we got for our wedding (it holds the fruit), off the counter- shattered into many pieces.
*first time I have had pink flamingos in my yard! I bought 2 and they are pretty darn adorable in the garden!
*first time Elliot has said grace at dinner. it went like this "grace, grace, grace, aldkajnfpaos idufasdlnfsdl;kjsdofiudsojlksajkl;dfs. amen" then he wanted to do it again during the middle of the meal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this start to my day, thanks sweetie! Mom

Ms. Molly said...

I think Elliot's grace is my favorite first.

K + T said...

Had a heart attack when I read poison control - glad E is okay! Good work on the run too! I have been so bad about going to the gym this spring that it's not even funny! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

love all of them!