Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BBB

Big Boy Bed is in full swing! Sunday I ordered the side rails that convert the crib/toddler bed into a full size bed, and they came today! It was the perfect day to spend in the house getting everything taken apart, put back together and piles of blankets and mattresses made- we had thunder and rain like you wouldn't believe. After a quick trip to Home Depot by Clay and the Big Boy for slats we were able to really get the bed together. I hauled the mattresses from the toy room to E's room, as Clay watched me laughing- because I am just too darn impatient to wait till dinner is over and have him help! Got the box spring, bed skirt, and top mattress all on the bed... HOLY COW the bed was high! It was almost 2 inches higher than our bed. If you know E at all, and know what a climber and leaper he is than you could probably figure out that it this tall bed wasn't the best of ideas. Off came the box spring and now just the top mattress sits on the bed, and it is a much more reasonable height. New sheets washed and duvet on, the bed looks pretty good. G, E and I all sat together reading bedtime stories on it and there was plenty of room. E going to sleep on it easily at bedtime, well that is another story.
with both mattresses, notice it is almost as tall as E!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Tell Elliot congratulations on the promotion!! I hope that he gets used to it soon and sleeps A LOT for you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ditto from Nana

K + T said...

You made me laugh Sarah with your impatience - I am exactly the same way. There is an old rap song that says "I got no patience and I hate waiting" - it always comes to mind when I think I could do something faster if I did it myself! Love that Elliot has a big boy bed and can't wait to see it in person!