Thursday, October 20, 2011

Floor.

We are on night 2 of living on the floor. The movers were supposed to come Monday, after 9 hours of waiting and trying to call them numerous times they just never showed up. Tuesday the movers came, and boxed up most of our stuff. They did however leave the boxes stacked in front of the beds, and leave the contents of our shed on the back porch (moved 20 feet and put stickers on each item). Clayton can't lift more than 5 pounds for another week, and it rained a whole river during the night. Did I mention both kids have the awful cough that is being spread rampantly around. The humidifier got packed (with water in it I think) because in all of the chaos I must have forgotten to move it from G's room to a hiding spot the movers wouldn't get it. Clay dried all of fishing poles, the shovels, rakes and bikes with a towel and hair dryer so they wouldn't get rusty being packed away wet. They movers came back on Wednesday with their block long truck and loaded up the boxes and the rest of the house (all the furniture)
Presently our 4 bedroom house consists of 2 blow up camping mattresses, 4 pillows and blankets, 3 suitcases of clothes, 2 kid suitcases of toys, a rubbermaid of toiletries and some shoes, a 20inch tv and old dvd player, travel DVD player, spices and some food, oh and the vacuum and cleaning stuff. Oh yes and our computer, and a box that it is sitting on.
Yep we are embracing this minimalist lifestyle. How long have you really ever hung out on the floor comfortably? Well lets just say it isn't that long. We are having fun, and looking forward to the next events of our adventure. We had to schedule our pack out before we knew anything else that would be going on.... like we thought we would have a place to live and settle into in FL. We are working on it still- getting closer to owning the house, it is just super slow. The seller has now said he can't be out of the house (which he is not currently living in!) till the end of Nov. Our realtor is working on finding us a spot to live for a month.... a possible furnished model home? I just hope we know before we drive down there.
Fun news, E has been wearing underpants full time for over a week now- with no accidents. I talked with his teachers last week and asked about him wearing them to school because he was wearing them so much with success at home. We tried it Monday and I was so happy to see him in the same clothes at pick up as he was wearing when I dropped him off. Oh and he was dry when he woke up today too- although we are having him sleep in a diaper. So proud of my boy- he will be 30 months (TWO AND A HALF!) next week. Other school highlights, he tells knock knock jokes, had to be told he couldn't kiss his friends, dances the robot.
Gabby still loves school, and is beyond excited to see all her friends each day. Her class is really into making patterns, she played princess and had her friend Aaron be her Prince. She threw a hysterical fit when the teachers asked her to try kiwi and pineapple for their Fruit salad they made (this week was letter F). She signs 2 bible verses and has the Pledge of Allegiance memorized. Always tells me she didn't have enough time to eat her lunch, I think because she is a bit too social sometimes (I have been having fun making sandwiches and using cookie cutters to cut shapes- I give her the whole sandwich. Today was a halloween cat shape). A Fire engine came to school and everyone got a hat, watched the fireman put on his gear (so they wouldn't be scared of a fireman, it was just Fireman Doug with his gear on!) and got to climb in the truck. She keeps "spelling" things aloud, randomly- no vowels included! I feel like we are in A Birthday For Francis, G even "spelled" something and when I questioned her, told me "I thought you could spell."
I will keep all of you updated on our journey, but not sure what type of internet we will have- because who knows where we will be! Off to my blow up bed, and a blanket since we are all freezing when the temperature inside dips to 72. We are moving South just in time to avoid Winter.

No comments: