No more waiting for it to magically just happen, that I suddenly am in shape and all my clothes fit. It won't happen that way. I stumbled upon some inspirational words the other day "no matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch." I ran last night, it was only 1.3 miles but I didn't stop at all. I didn't do another lap around the neighborhood because a.) I am totally out of shape and b.) it was getting too dark. Tonight I went earlier, and did 2 laps! I took 2 walk breaks, but sprinted 2 short bits too. I need to get back into exercising, and for me the easiest thing to do is just run. I don't have to drive anywhere, just walk outside and run. I need it for me, my confidence, health, energy, and to teach the kids how to be healthy by doing. I am also trying to make better food decisions. My downfall today was hint of lime chips and my 1st ever Starbucks salted carmel mocha. It was alright, but too rich and the price about blew me away. I will stick to making toddy at home, boiling water now that it is chillier in the am and adding a bit of creamer. Positive side, we have been eating lots of beans and vegetables. 2 hours at the park this afternoon and NO snacking after dinner (unheard of for me!)
Thursday, October 6, 2011
waiting...
We are playing the waiting game. and if you know me, I have very little patience so it is a very frustrating game. Clay put an offer in on a house he fell in love with this past weekend- he walked in and felt it would be perfect for our family. It isn't as grand and huge as the others, it is a home- hopefully our home. The sellers countered- above asking price! What??? This is our first time dealing with home buying so it is all so new. Those real estate shows are such a lie- you don't put an offer in and wait for a phone call back while you go get coffee. Anyways, I am already addicted to Pinterest and have been stalking craigslist to find the perfect things and way to decorate "our" house. Tonight I went from wanting a deep purple dining room to now a navy blue one. In reality, I don't like making decisions and am not a perfectionist so if and when I paint, it will be determined.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Everything will work out for you and your family. Unfortunately, waiting is part of the house game. As mother, we often lose focus on our own goals because we're worrying about everyone else. You'll get back to where you want to be with a little time and determination. Love you girl!
Post a Comment