Today we had perfect spur of the moment fun. The kids and I were going to go to the park in the afternoon after G was done with school (E didn't go again, he was up at 3:30am for a few hours, and I just figured he had only been on the medicine a few days, keep him home with me) Clay called and said he was done with work- a few hours early and was on his way home. We waited for him, then after a game of trap (the kids trap each other under the laundry basket) and a mini dance party (blaring music, then they both leave the room and the radio stays on) Clay napped (we are still all fighting the germs). I cut up the sweetest watermelon of the year and we ate it outside, instead of the constant gray clouds and humidity we have had lately it was gorgeous out. So we woke up Dad and said lets hit the beach one more time before summer is totally gone. We went out to Sandbridge, taking into account playgrounds and parking (Oceanfront still has metered parking till oct 1, sandbridge free). The playground was full of preteens, like 2 bus loads. No one else around of course, except maybe 10 people at the beach.
we walked the pier, G did a few Vogue poses that I caught

E ran the pier, and looked just as excited as his dad gets when out on a fishing pier

we flew our big kite, the wind was great- almost a little too windy

we all smiled, and soaked in the end of summer

snacks for E and a stick for G, she is really into writing (the same things over and over)

tickled our toes in the water

E ran across all of G's hard work writing, on purpose.

made foot prints, while singing Hi HO Hi Ho (Disney CD in the car on the drive)

"a girl without freckles is like a sky without stars"

Boys being boys! Looks like E is trying to reach the power lines, they really weren't anywhere near him!

It was a fabulous trip to the beach, and we finished it off with burgers at Red Robin and drove home thru the darkest clouds ever and so much rain that it was coming in the chimney!
2 comments:
Great pictures! Fun afternoon, we have already entered Fall... I miss.summer!
I love your pictures. You are so good!
The new layout is great too. I've been messing with all the choices but I can't decide what to do!
Post a Comment