Life has yet to calm down, especially with the addition of pre-school. School has been a wonderful experience so far. Gab loves going each day and is having a fun time meeting new friends and getting assigned jobs. So far she has been line leader, caboose, and weather girl. The job all the kids want is being in charge of the lunch boxes (pass them out to all 7 other classmates). Somehow she is the oldest in her class, and tallest, and since she is in the only pre-k class we have come to the conclusion she is the biggest kid in school! I pack her lunch every night, and we agree on an outfit for her to wear so there won't be any fights in the morning. Elliot has gone two days, the first there were tears from both him and I. Monday when I brought him he was a little clingy, but didn't cry. He hugged his teacher and I heard a little whining, but it lasted only a minute. He and the lead teacher are buddies. His favorite thing I have heard about is when they got to play musical instruments, for this weeks letter is M. After school Monday the kids and I headed to the toy store to pick out E's potty chart prize of a sword. He filled the chart up, even tho he hasn't been wearing underwear full time. We had such a great start, and then it got a little rocky. We seem to have better luck when we are out or with friends over. Today he came and told me quietly twice while our friend was here playing he needed to go potty. A few accidents later in the day, but he is still doing a really great job! Gabrielle has a sticker chart going, just for fun. The prize she wants when it fills up is a bag of salty peanuts- in their shells. where this idea came from I have no clue.
Just to make sure life stays busy we have the excitement thrown in of the van not starting on our way to school today. I fiddled around a little and could tell the battery post was corroded. I somehow got it started with a little luck and got the G to class on time. Once Clay got home from work he took a few trips back and forth from the store to get the right parts to replace the terminal connections- or something like that. I had it explained to me, but really as long as it worked and is safe I have no clue what was going on.
Oh and did I mention we are going to spend like 20 hours in the car this week to go house hunting. fun.
One bright point in our weekend was a trip up to Williamsburg where our dear friend Amber was staying at a fancy resort for a family reunion. Amber was part of our 9th floor family in Japan. It has been 3 years without seeing her, she hadn't even met Elliot- outside of my stomach! We got the joy of playing with her nephew and the kids borrowed some of his swim clothes, due to me not even thinking to bring any for our visit ( I now have some that I am keeping in the car, just for those times).


heart

war paint aka my mascara! this happened in the time it took me to brush my teeth. the boy is sweet as can be, and he sure likes to keep me on my toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment