Monday, September 5, 2011

End of Summer catch up

It is all of a sudden the end of Summer, and it feels like it happened too quickly. We had a pretty wonderful summer, and kept busy. Although we kept busy, I don't have too many pictures of whatever it is we have been busy doing!
The kids caught grasshoppers in the back yard, and wanted to keep them as pets.
this was our hotel room in NC, playing with our cool flashlights that have little lids you snap over the light that then projects shapes onto the wall- we have dinosaur and pirate shapes.
last year I ran the race and these two amazing ladies cheered me on, this year we swapped rolls! they did amazing, and really motivate me to start running again.
there is a bus that parks up the street (VA is strange, the drivers park the buses near their homes bc the garage can't handle the thousands of buses there are) so we did a beginning of the school year picture by it.
we met 3 other families at the beach today, and this pretty butterfly fluttered around us while the kids chased it.
one of the "new fisherman" who caught the fishing bug from Clayton caught this Pompano fish. Clay has yet to catch one, they are pretty rare in VA so there may be a little jealousy! does it count that the guy was using Clay's fishing gear, and Clay un-hooked it? He will have his chance in FL to catch many I am sure. Pretty, and quite delicious too I hear (although this was too little.)
Our dear British friends had their handsome boy last night, after 39 hours of labor! I went up and visited, and got to hold Jaxon and congratulate Shaun and Marella. Brought back so many memories of my 1st baby, the pre-eclampsia, induction, magnesium sulfate and an IV for days, being in another country, etc. Oh how I love and am amazed by birth!
Can you believe these 2 start pre-school this week? Tomorrow is open house, and then Wednesday they start. I know it is only 3 hours, Gabby will go 4 days and Elliot 2 days a week, but I am already trying to wrap my head around how they are big enough to go to pre-school... and how I am going to handle it emotionally! It is so rare that the kids are away from both Clay and I. Gabrielle is beyond excited, and Elliot- well he wants to make sure I will pick him up. Actually he wants to go to school with Nana!

3 comments:

K + T said...

Love the pictures - can't believe how grown up they both look!

Anonymous said...

He can come to school with me any old time he is in town. I sure love these two and your pix of them! What a clever and talented daughter I have.

Ms. Molly said...

Great picture post! I was wondering if E would say he wants to go to school with Nana instead :)