Monday, January 30, 2012

five


Last night I couldn't sleep, even though I was exhausted.... I finally went down and snuggled my sweet baby girl, and as soon as the clock turned to 1:18am PST my very first baby turned 5 (which is 6:18pm Japan time). We celebrated with a small party at Aunt Molly's house, and it was a great time. So what if only one kid from school showed up, all the other's couldn't come or got sick. The boy who did came is brand new to the area, and if there is anything I know, it is being brand new to a city and not knowing anyone. Gabby was the happiest girl around, a friend from school, his baby brother and parents, both sets of grandparents, 2 aunts, an uncle, 2 cousins a brother and her mom- all to celebrate HER! We had homemade pizza (cheese, olive and bbq chicken) veggies and dip, "cookie dough" dip made from garbanzo beans, with strawberries and apples for dippers, jelly beans, an awesome chocolate princess cake and vanilla cupcakes.
This girl made the newspaper online, along with her brother. Pretty cool to have your Aunt run the club where the Moose and 2 players were visiting. Also to have a Grandma and Great Aunt who score Mariner jerseys for you so you can get back to being local!
Captain America was a great party guest, and an awesome new friend! We all loved the family and enjoyed getting to host them.

Princess was the theme, with homemade banners- I cut them out and G adorned them with stickers. We played pin the crown on the Princess, I stayed up past midnight coloring Tiana.
These are the new family favorite cupcake holder, so simple and fun.
Happy Birthday Sweet Gabby Jean!
yes, this is the Princess cake. It may qualify as a "cake wreck" if you have seen that website, but not all went as planned. I am happy to say that her legs have been re-attached!

2 comments:

K + T said...

happy birthday gabby! we wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! you and your cake both look beautiful ! what an amazing princess party! Great job Mom!

Krista said...

I tried to comment on this post the other day but my computer went funky. That Barbie cake is AWESOME. It had me almost in tears, I couldn't stop laughing! I love it! You did a great job with the Princess Party for your 5 year old princess! :-)