



at one point E said he was Superman and could fly, he was in the tree. I told him absolutely NO jumping or trying to fly. he did wear his helmet for some of the tree climbing too, I should make it a rule if he keeps up the Superman talk.


Beautiful C
Myers the cat enjoys the sunshine outside with us

we took a walk to see the chickens, quite exciting!
It really has felt like the beginning of Spring around here the past week. It is simply beautiful, sunny, clear and totally chilly! Friday we spent the entire day outside, besides lunch time and nap/rest time for the girls. E and I still managed to be out and about, on scooter ride to the store. On Black Friday I bought some razor scooters (okay, not really that brand I don't think) they were a crazy cheap deal and the kids had just started riding them at our one and only friend in Florida's house. I bought the scoots, then packed them away in the car. I thought they would be too big and with the weather we wouldn't use them that much so I would keep them hidden away for a special day. Friday was that day. Cousin C came to spend the day and have fun with us, so after covering the sidewalk in chalk drawings (space theme this day, aliens, planets, stars, hopscotch, rockets) I got out the scooters. Instantly both G & E took off on them, and surprised me at how well they could ride them (we have never had them before and only have played on them a FEW times.) Around the block we went, C in the wagon. We climbed trees, and around the block again we went. G beat us into the house, and by the time we got in she was almost asleep on the couch. I knew she wasn't feeling well, with a miserable cough. All 3 in fact are battling the cough and snot. The first ever scooter trip to the store was epic. I bought 2 half gallons of milk (almond and reg) a 5lb bag of carrots and a few other things. When it was time to scoot back home, E was exhausted. How did we get home, well if you were to drive by us you would have laughed just like I was. I stood with one foot on the scooter, E stood on my foot and the (re-usable) bag full of groceries hung from the handle bars. I pushed us all the way home (just a few blocks) and at one point was even told by E that we were going to fast! Boy what a workout! It was a wonderful time!
So after G sneezed an incredible green snot rocket for the 2nd time today, I called the Dr and got us an appointment. I figured I might as well make E one because he has a bad cough too and if G is sick might as well have them both looked at. Late afternoon appointment, with our new Dr whom I am very happy to say seems like a great fit for us, G protested all morning and even once the Dr was in to see us that she didn't want to go to the doctor. Never once has E complained to me about anything besides his cough. Vitals taken for both children, then the nurse asked G if her ears hurt "nope they are good." E chimes in "my ear hurt." Then we read a few chapters in a book about a merman (borrowed from the waiting room, and now I sit wondering what happened to the tiny merman) and E fell totally asleep. Checkout findings, G may have a sinus infection but it isn't for sure yet. If it doesn't get better in 2-4 days we have a prescription for antibiotics. Dr looked in E's ears while he was asleep, double ear infection! huh?
This sounds exactly like last years story, just had them check E's ear while he was with us for G's appointment and he had a double ear infection then too. I am hoping we can all get healthy and get on a good vitamin/supplement routine (I went to a good friend's house and heard a great informational talk by a holistic nutritionist that was inspiring.)
On other news, G started her swim lessons. Since she hasn't taken them besides when she was 6 months old I put her in the beginner "pike" class. At the end of the lesson the instructor told me she doesn't need to be in this one, she is very comfortable with the skills and can move up to "eel" level! E starts this weekend, and after a great date he and I had swimming last week I think he too will be ready to move beyond the beginner class- although he isn't old enough yet to do them not in the parent/child class.
The gorgeous weather has even gotten me outside running! Spur of the moment I put on my running clothes and took off, down to the harbor and then continued.... amazing bay and mountain views. Which do I prefer, the good scenery or a warm climate??? I logged about 4 miles and it felt great, especially for a first run in ages!
2 comments:
I'm glad you got out and enjoyed the sunshine! It always feels like such a wasted opportunity to miss being outside during those gorgeous days! :-)
I hope the kids feel better soon. Yuck!
Way to go Sarah - 4 miles on a whim is amazing! Sounds like the whole family hasspring fever - and making the most of it :) We are still at -10 these days, so no spring in the air yet... hopefully soon!
Get thos sickies better - I can't believe E can go around w/ a double ear infection and not complain. Crazy kid breaks my heart. Love you all!
Post a Comment