Tuesday, September 25, 2012

kicked.

Today kicked my butt.  It wasn't all bad, just a challenging day.  Every day is mostly good, with a few hiccups thrown in for good measure and to keep us all on our toes.  Today started off with spilled milk, literally.  After getting the G and E ready for the day, complete with a breakfast of homemade pumpkin pancakes (I made a big batch last night, easy to pop in the toaster for breakfast.  Packed full of good pumpkin, whole wheat flour, greek yogurt, cinnamon, brown sugar) and local bacon. We were out the door to take G to the bus stop and pick up cousins C and EE.  I was in a bit of a rush, I had plans to get my crew of 3 and I to the 1st Mom group meeting I am starting to attend. As I grabbed the carseat, the fresh bottle of pumped milk fell out which broke the lid and half of it leaked on the floor.  Clean up aisle 4 and we were now off again.... All 3 buckled in and on our way to the meeting, good news I found it by memory after going once last year. E didn't flinch when I left him and C in the kid room (this is a big step for him, my total momma's boy who cries when I try to take him to Sunday school).
   The Mom group was great, after a little fussing and a bottle EE had a quick nap.  I learned a little about the 5 languages of Love, and even told Clay about it - we may even talk more about it. My arms and hands were full of bags, kids, papers, LOVE.   By the time we make it home we are a little late on our normal schedule of lunch, books and nap. C was tired, so tired. E was not listening, refusing to help  or do anything asked of him. E even mentioned he was tired, but wouldn't lay down for a nap. EE was along for the ride, but tired, had wet pants and getting hungry too.  I ate spicy pretzels and fresh blackberry cobbler for lunch (when Clay got home later on he asked if I wanted a salad for lunch. HA.)
    Everyone was tired today. We all are still adjusting to this new schedule of school and childcare.  We all love it (I HOPE!), however it is busy and lots of work.  Baths and showers (G is so independent she totally does it all on her own, and sings the entire time too!) stories and kids asleep before 7:30p.  Tomorrow is early release from school, and we have plans for all of us to go to the farm (more on how country we are becoming later... just to note E went 2x yesterday to help Clay feed the calfs and cows, ride the 4 wheeler and even saw a chicken get its head chopped off.)
   Oh and to let everyone in on the goings on of the first 2 weeks of kindergarten... G LOVES it.  Her penmanship has improved so much. She is friends with everyone, and plays basketball with a boy at recess and also finds time to play princess and super hero.  The first week a shy boy who speaks mostly Russian cried every day.  G came up with her own way to make him smile and not cry. She played chase with him and came up with her own joke; "Whose leg? Oleg. Whose leg? Oleg!"  Apparently Oleg laughed and got over his sadness.  She rides the bus, and knows most of the rules that go along with it now. She doesn't have time to eat all her lunch, and is starved when she gets home almost 5 hours later because there is NO snack. She loves her entire class and all her teachers.
   Also to come, I will post the recipe I have made at least 3 times in the past 2 weeks for zucchini cookies. It involves coconut, and black beans! yum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing mom, person, daughter and all else! Especaially right now you are a good writer, thanks. MOM