Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

 Happy Halloween!  The pouring rain limited our trick or treating a bit, however I am fairly sure that both children got more than enough candy.  Elliot will try and eat all of it tomorrow (just like he tried tonight) and Gabby will tell us about each one she was allowed to eat.
 Peter Pan
Merida

 This year we actually got to dress up, as opposed to last year when we had just moved the day prior to Florida and were staying in a hotel.  Two years before that Elliot was just a baby and it was way too hot of weather for him to wear his costume.  So we had big plans for this year. Elliot kept changing his mind on what he wanted to be, for a few weeks he would say Humpty Dumpty.  Now if you have ever looked at those costumes, they are a bit expensive and even more ugly.  He finally settled on Peter Pan, and well we already owned the shirt so all it took were some green leggings.  Yesterday he and I quickly hot glued a hat together complete with a red felt feather we cut out and glued to a stick from our yard. We also made a short little knife for him to fight Hook with.  Gabby has been set on being Merida from the new Disney movie Brave.   I bought the dress months ago, it isn't one of the true Merida dresses but it was so pretty I knew she would love it.  I have developed a phobia of wigs it seems, after the past two experiences with princess (Cinderella's hair would not stay on, Ariel shed her red locks and I found it all over for a year!) wigs I decided not to buy one this year.  The problem is, no one would know who Gabby was supposed to be without the orange wild hair of the newest Princess.  Thankfully Clay had a short day at school today so I took baby EE with me and bought two different kinds of yarn.  An hour before the bus got here I got home and started cutting and gluing yarn to a headband.  It turned out to be my favorite part of the outfit!  Now the kids are tuckered out and asleep in their beds, the house is littered with shoes, wet clothes and dishes from a rushed dinner.  

1 comment:

K + T said...

Thanks so much for sharing these pictures (and for picking two Disney characters... always good for branding)! The Merida outfit is gorgeous and we can't believe you made the wig yourself. Peter Pan's little hat is perfect too. Can't wait to see all of you soon.