Saturday, May 24, 2014
two more
So as I walked into the meeting with my doctor, a tray full of homemade cupcakes in hand and all ready to celebrate the last chemo we got some other news. I am still in complete remission, but after talking with quite a few other doctors it was concluded that I should have 8 rounds of chemo just to make sure that every microscopic bit of cancer really is gone. To say I was bummed would be a big understatement. I was told over and over that it would get worse, and well after the first couple of cycles it started to ring true. So not only now do I have more chemo, but feeling worse from it all too. Tuesday I had a meeting with Dr K, and I was able to get more info on why it was decided I need to do the extra cycles, even though the PET scan had shown I was clear after 4. It mostly comes down to me being YOUNG, and healthy too. Plus it turns out that the specific type of lymphoma I had was very rare, like only 2% of cases. That means there isn't as much research and information on it as other types. There would be no good reason to have me do radiation, it could be damaging in the future for me and who knows if it would do any good at all. Would they do the extra two rounds on a 70 year old, probably not. I have so much life to live since I am young, it is worth it to do the extra cycles to make sure it is gone! Thursday I had cycle 7, and besides sleeping for the first few hours after getting hit with Benadryl it was fairly normal. Now I just have to deal with the fairly constant fatigue and nausea. Looking forward to one last cycle and then starting the road to being fully recovered!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment