Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cooking









I feel like I always get in ruts about what to cook for dinner.  Lately I have been trying to make new things, or get new inspiration for something different!  I decided that taking pictures of what I make is fun and helps me put more thought into what I prepare.  Some of the tasty things we have had lately are: 
*homemade spinach pesto (Clay was on duty, he doesn't like pesto. We brought it to the pool for lunch the next day and it was a huge hit!)
*Flank Steak, slow cooked with a rub
*Steamed vegetables! A 5.5 lb bag from Costco of Normandy Vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, yellow carrots and carrots) totally delicious!
*Posole, a mexican soup. I used chicken to be healthier, and had the chili sauce frozen from when I made it with my neighbor (not sure I could make that on my own), hominy and topped with cabbage and lemon.
*Smores!!! I haven't been camping in 8 years, so I got the bright idea to make them under the broiler in the oven. I am totally hooked, not a good thing either. I used some butterscotch chips too!  

3 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

I want to try your Mexican dish, it sounds so yummy. Did you really eat 5.5 lbs of veggies? Wish you could have the harvest bin too I know you and G would love it.

Sarahbelle said...

I have pictures of everything, but it wouldn't let me upload them last night. The veggies are frozen, which I don't usually do- so there is still some in left. They are really good!

rockin'_robyn said...

will you come cook for me? it all sounds delicious.