Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Costco

I love Costco!  It really is a store that has everything you need and more.  It has become our go to grocery store, in addition to the commissary.  I rarely go to the normal grocery stores by us, both because I don't like how they are set up and it isn't what I am used to.  Almost weekly I find myself making a trip to Costco for fruit.  That is normally all I need.... but never just what I get!  In one week our family of 3 (and a half, b/c I do eat enough for almost another person!) ate 8 pounds of oranges, 10 pounds of red delicious apples and 3 pounds of bananas.  We went back yesterday and bought those same things, the oranges really are my favorite right now! A few more regular buys are MILK (over a dollar cheaper than anywhere else, both in whole and non fat), cucumbers (almost as good as Japanese, just a lot bigger), bread and Honey Nut Cheerios (I scarf down a huge bowl every morning).  Other things we found at Costco and couldn't resist include, a GPS for the car (yes we have been printing out directions on mapquest whenever we try to go anywhere, I tried to get Clay to get a GPS when I got here- he insisted we didn't need one... then he used our friends this past weekend while we were in DC),   48 AA batteries (moving we lost all our batteries for every remote and toy, or the died, and things like a new wet jet swiffer need batteries to clean), Pinocchio  on blu-ray (b/c yes I am married to a man who loves Disney movies!) and Lucky jeans for him (although I do think he may have more jeans than me). 

5 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

I never think about going to costco unless it's before a party or something like that. I can't believe how much fruit you guys eat, good job! D has some lucky jeans and loves them.

K + T said...

So cute - wish we had a Costco here. We also eat a lot of fruit and veggies - our favorites are bannanas, kiwis, and mandarins. And we totally need a GPS - but they get stolen like crazy here, so we're not going to get one until we get a different car. Bisous from Brussels!

rockin'_robyn said...

Costco is great! I remember sending Clayton a Disney movie in Japan...think it was Peter Pan:) See you in less than 5 months! xoxo from freezing, yet sunny, WA!

Andrea said...

Costco is my favorite but it's dangerous. I have limited myself to twice a month this year:) Oranges were my favorite when I was pregnant with Adelle, yum yum. Also, Jeff has lucky jeans from Costco and they are the best! GO COSTCO!
How are you guys liking it there? We had snow again yesterday so you aren't missing anything! Why do I live here?
Have a good week.
love andrea

Sarahbelle said...

our GPS is great, we have found a Target even closer to home! Clay loves Lucky jeans, usually we get a "good" deal at the NEX... $80. 8 lbs of Oranges gone in 4 days!!!