Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Life

Today I am choosing to celebrate LIFE and ALL that it has to offer. My cousin Matt would be 31 years old today. Matt knew how to have fun and didn't care what others thought, plus he didn't let things bother him- those are things I want to be better at. I don't think anyone could forget his laugh! Miss you Matt!
Yesterday we celebrated 65 years of life, my dad had his birthday! I made him runny eggs and toast for breakfast and he got yummy grilled burgers for dinner with a fruit pizza for dessert. I am loving having a house full of family, it makes me wish we lived closer to everyone even more! Chris and Clay get up and go to work early in the morning, my parents, the kids and I are having fun hanging out and then the evenings we all have dinner and talk and play.
The heat has been brutal, and the humidity on top of that makes it even worse! Today was a great day to be at the beach, it didn't feel like the 101 degrees that the car said it was! I got to go out and play in the waves, what a feeling that is. Oh and did I mention there were dolphins in the water too? Elliot is a total beach bum and wouldn't be anywhere but at the waters edge. Gabby on the other hand planted herself on the blanket and wouldn't go near the water. Chris met us there and then went for his run in the sand. Clayton however got stuck at work and didn't get out in time to meet us there, rats! When we got home there was delicious pulled pork in the crock pot waiting for us.
Grandma and Grandpa stayed at the house watching the sleeping kids while the boys and I went down and walked around "beach street USA" also known as the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Lots of little shops, street musicians (paid by the city) jugglers and magicians too. We stayed out ill almost 10pm... I am so not used to being out after dinner! Life is great and I am thankful for all that I have!




3 comments:

rockin'_robyn said...

love the picture of clay and elliot! so sweet. thanks for sharing news, notes, and pictures of the fam! missing you guys :)

Batten Rouge said...

I love your blog updates Sarah! I can tell you are having a great time there at The Beach. I am envious :D I can't get over how stinkin cute your kids are! Hope to see you next time you are in town.

Lots of love to you all!

K + T said...

That's a great picture of Clay and Elliot... love their matching shirts!