
Today my heart is heavy with sadness for Japan, a place I called home for 4 years and that holds a very special place in my heart. I woke up to see the news reports of the massive 8.9 earthquake that hit, and the tsunami that followed. The epicenter in Sendai was not near my home, but Clayton visited it on his ship- playing volleyball against the locals and even winning me a beautiful jewelry box that sits on my dresser. I still have a few friends in Japan and am very glad to hear that besides lots of earth shaking and a few things falling down, power outages that they are all okay.
I can't help but think of "my Japan" and imagine the destruction to the beautiful country and more so the people.
3 comments:
well said, your mom
The destruction over there is just awful. We've been watching some of the footage online and it's devastating.
It's just unbelieveable. I keep thinking of the great time we had visiting you there.
Post a Comment