I seem to have a slight obsession with GREEN. I can find green in, well most rooms of the house. Both kids rooms (originally due to them sharing a room so I got them bedding that coordinated) The fireplace/computer room and the toy room/guest room (I couldn't pass up the bargain airplane bed set that just happens to be blue and green). Well I love green. I think in Japan I had more than a few rooms with RED, none in this house.

Even our crafting table/drop cloth is green. The kids painted on big canvases the other day, we plan to do another layer of color once we can do it outside so paint doesn't get everywhere.

This girl loves purple, but is pretty green when it comes to fruits and veggies. She loves green grapes, avocado, beans, cucumber, celery, lettuce and more. here she set up all her play food for a party!

Buying used is GREEN, right! Clay came home from an early morning Saturday study session at work and had stopped by a garage sale where he found this brand new tent for $20. The studying paid off- he is now IUSS (Integrated Undersea Surveillance System) qualified, quite a big accomplishment. Oh and that 30 and over basketball team, Clay's team won the championship!

Coming home from Washington after Christmas, I noticed again how NOT green Virginia is. All brown, for most of the year it feels like. Also I notice they are so not "green" in their environmental ways. We do have recycling at this house- but it only gets picked up every other week. Our Garbage is half full and our recycle is over flowing!

My new green lamp. Gabby and I snuck out at nap this weekend to get my book for book club and just peeked in Ross where I came out with this $20 lamp and a much needed new purse. I tried to make the bulletin board cuter and less cluttered. I used scrap book paper for the background and put up some the fun family pictures- others are on G's board.

This boy will end up with bruises that turn green, mostly because he is so rambunctious and one of his favorite things to do is throw all his blankets and pillows off his bed and JUMP! We let the kids stay up late the other night, they were getting along so great and having fun. Clay and I just sat and listened to their conversations, Gabby was somehow trying to talk Elliot into climbing over the high side of his bed, onto the pile of pillows and blankets she had made. They giggled and laughed and chatted. Gabby also told Grandma who says no to jumping on the bed at her house, "Different house rules in different houses!"

Maybe this love, er obsession with all things ball and sports will turn into GREEN in the future- like in the form of professional sports? Elliot keeps telling me he wants a hoop for his birthday. Well we got one on a great sale, and snuck it in the car without him seeing it. However it sat in the back of the van in the box for over a week, and my little Mr likes to climb around the car instead of getting in his carseat whenever it is time to go anywhere. he found the picture on the box, "hoop, hoop!" So Clay opened it up and they played it for an hour and a half while I took Gabby to her first week of Creative Movement class. He wakes up and it is the first thing he wants to do- even tho it is not even 6:30am. In the picture, E is standing on Clay's back (who just got home from work and was sore) and Gabby is testing out the boogie board a coworker of Clay's gave to the kids.
6 comments:
Your blog is one of our favorite parts of the day. Congrats to Clayton for both the IUSS and the championship! It's great to hear that the kid are getting along so well; and you sounding so chipper! It must be nearly spring! Love you all, K & T
I am into the color green too! I changed our living room decor to be green and blue and Logan has lots of green in his room. :)
Everyone looks great, you guys have lots of fun at your house!
Sarah I love your style!! And your kids, I know Ive said this over and over, but they are the cutest!! Gabby is hilarious and quite the fashionista-LOVE the plaid shirt! Good job Clayton for your accomplishments and finding such a great deal on a tent :) Lets go camping!!
P.S. Don't you find it obnoxious how expensive lamps are? $20 is a steal!
Wow...little Gabby is becoming more and more your little mini me! I can't believe it! Love you guys, xoxo
Happy day when I get to see the lives you are living in VA Beach. Momz
I love your new lamp! Now I want to go to Ross!!
Post a Comment