Monday, February 28, 2011

weekend fun

I must say, this weekend was a good. We didn't do much it seemed like, but we did do quite a bit of fun little things, enjoying the peeks of spring we were given. Our fun started Thursday with a trip to our favorite frozen yogurt place- Skinny Dip. It had been a few months, so we were long over due for a visit. This sweater just game in the mail, my grandmother made it for me me... circa early 80's. Gabby thought it was the PERFECT addition to her already "designed outfit" as she has been calling it (meaning she designed it herself, picked everything out with no help!) The leggings, a skirt (with short attached), red shoes, and a lovely sweater.
Elliot experienced his first (surely not his last) ice cream headache. He stole most of Clay's sour patch kids right out of the bowl, all I put on his sugar free yogurt was a shake of sprinkles!
We got Gabby a new BIG bike, hers was too little and we needed to get her started riding! She did AWESOME! fast as lightening that I could barely keep up with her, although I was carrying E's bike and trying to keep him from chasing the ducks and falling into the water. She had one tumble off the bike, but after a short walk got right back on!
There were many ducks out for Elliot to chase, and even a few other things too.
This THING was around, I am pretty sure it is a muskrat. Usually they dart out of sight before you can be sure you saw them. This one was not too shy. Elliot saw it and said "MOUSE"

Sunday we went to see if any of the charter fishing boats had come in with anything (obsessed much Clayton? He really wants to go out again, but goodness it is expensive for a trip) We saw one striper, it weighed more than either kid... 42 lbs. We took our picture in the shark, Elliot was scared. Gabby and my dad did this when he came to help us when Elliot was born.
it was a gorgeous day, warm early and then cooled off.
Gabby planned a dance party, we are talking all day planning and discussing it. She picked out everyones attire. She wore her fancy purple dress, I was supposed to wear a blue nightgown. I got upgraded to my yellow dress. Elliot just grabbed what he wanted to wear, and danced away!
Sophia the newest "little sister" to Gabby joined the party. She is a Baby Alive, which Gabby picked out when we went shopping with her birthday money. After only a few hours I heard this "Daddy, you don't understand. A baby is such hard work. Is there an off button, I want to make sure she lets me sleep at night!"
Gabby got upset because Elliot didn't want to dance with her right away, so her and her daddy danced. Then she stared at him while he belted out a Journey song.
I won't tell you how long it took us to tie a tie, including watching more than one youtube video. I know how, but it wasn't the half windsor knot Clay was after. Elliot is rocking a spaghetti face to go with the tie.

After a great weekend, we had a bit of a rough Monday. G's 4 year check up was a disaster! We waited for an hour and a half!!!!! why is only 1 doctor working on a Monday when everyone who was sick on the weekend comes in, and why do they stick you back in an exam room to wait with nothing to do when the waiting room has a Disney movie playing? And why does the Dr mention SHOTS??? and then tell your 4 year old that he was talking about a "shot of Jack, do you know what that is? It's a drink." Did I mention that Elliot kept escaping the exam room, and trying to run down the hall. Clay had a big test scheduled so he couldn't meet us- which they then proceeded to cancel after he went into work at 4:30am to study for it. Oh and all of this was right around lunch time. Glad I packed an apple, cucumber and goldfish crackers. 3 shots, a finger prick, a whole lot of crying and 2 hours later and we got home. Finished the day off with a trip to the park to enjoy 76* wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts before the massive rain came!

3 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

looks & sounds like a fun weekend. XO

K + T said...

Poor Gabby getting shots - but looks like you guys had a ton of fun anyway!
We LOVE the picture of Elliot dancing - he's got the moves!

Andrea said...

I was hoping for a picture of you dancing around in your nightgown. :)
Love the family dance parties and the tie doesn't look too bad!
Send some nice warm days this way!!