My Love had a birthday this weekend. We had a nice weekend celebrating it. This happened to be his once every month duty weekend, so Saturday and Sunday he had to go to work for a few hours. Sunday morning when I got home from taking friends to the airport we had a big breakfast- pancakes and sausage. Clay took off work and the kids and I went to work on the masterpiece of the week- a homemade ice cream cake! It is not the most beautiful cake, but if you know Clay and his love for chocolate chip mint ice cream it was the perfect cake. I usually give him a hard time when he requests banana cream pie for his birthday (it's just pudding!). I didn't follow any recipe just made it up.... layers of chocolate cake, hot fudge syrup and chocolate chip mint ice cream. I layered it all in a bread loaf pan lined with plastic wrap and it worked great! I see many more birthdays in our future with ice cream cakes! I am already thinking of a coffee ice cream combination- anyone have a party or birthday coming up???


Oh and the day was wonderful besides the cake, the entire family had a nap. We played basketball outside in the sun and climbed at the park, and ate a spaghetti dinner! Love and kisses to my Mr.
2 comments:
That looks delicious! I am a big fan of coffee ice cream!
Yum! Growing up my mom always made me icecream cake for my birthday. Yours looks way delicious!!
Fun Day!
Post a Comment