Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Brrr!

This past weekend Clay participated in the Polar Plunge, raising money to benefit Special Olympics. He and 3 co-workers all did it together, well I think there were a few more from work but they didn't join us for lunch at Watermans and waiting around. It was a very gray and rainy day. The air temperature reached 51* but the water was only 38*. BRRRR. The kids and I supported Clay from the boardwalk, with an umbrella, a dry towel and a thermos full of HOT apple cider. In total I read that 3,800 people did the plunge, and they raised a good deal of money. Sand art. I couldn't get the whole thing in a picture because too many people were in front of it.
Right before the plunge, rescue swimmers in gear wading out in the water.
Can you spot Clay? no costumes for his work group. after lunch and waiting around for 2+ hours they lost one another for the actual plunge. Leave it to my Eskimo to be the only one to go far enough out to dunk his whole head under! We are very proud of Clayton and all that he is involved in. Have you heard about his work basketball team, in the over 30 league? They won their first 5 games, and have lost the past 2 in double overtime.

1 comment:

K + T said...

Go brother Go! We recognised you straight away in the picture - you look great!