Last night there was a "winter storm warning." It usually turns out to be nothing, but Clayton had come home from work yesterday, with instructions to report on a 2 hour delay today- due to the possibility of snow. I laugh when that happens. It started snowing about 9pm, just after I made a quick trip to the store to get milk since we were out. The kids wore snowman pajamas in hopes it would help bring the snow. I know many Virginians are probably sick of snow since they had the blizzard December 26, that lasted weeks. We were gone and missed it all, and missed it while we were in Washington too so we were excited. When Gabby woke up to go potty at 1am, I showed her out her window the white on the grass. Elliot and I were up at 7am and he said "OUT!" after we opened the curtains. A quick breakfast and a change into snow gear (yes we all have snow pants and the kids have snow boots.) and out we went. Clay got ready to leave for work, with plenty of time for the drive.



Clay in uniform, leaving for work. Snow fun for us!

Snow angels, with purple gloves.

Hiking in the yard, a little deep on such short legs.

The snowball princess, her favorite thing to do- throw snow at me!

We only lasted 25 minutes, then it was inside to warm up and have coco. Elliot colored and Gabby played littlest pet shop in her room. What a nice quiet morning.

11am The sun broke thru the clouds, and it was beautiful. Warmed up to 35 and the snow was starting to drip, and fall off the trees.

Gabby insisted on another dash out into the snow before it all melted. Our "sleddo" (thanks Krista for the ghetto sled idea).

belly snow angels.

snowball flight/fight!

icicle

tree berries in the backyard.

all these kids did was eat snow

good clean snow off the roof, to eat!
Good news is, the snow is all melting and the roads are clear. Just what we needed, a few hours of snow and fun and then have it gone shortly after!
3 comments:
Love it, love it, love it! It is just a slice of almost being there. Thanks, honey girl. you are one talented mama.
Nene
Sounds like a great morning. Love those little muffins and you too.
I love the ghetto sleddo! :-) Lucas saw the picture and he said "Gabby is sliding!" That is way more snow than I had imagined you got. WOW!
Post a Comment