Friday, February 27, 2009

"I don't want to be told NO!"






  Little Gabby Jean is something else these days! She is too smart for her own good at times.  Lately she will tell you if she doesn't like what you ask her to do.  Her new phrase she tells Clay and I if she is doing something wrong, we tell her NO and she replies with "I don't want to be told no."  What a girl with umph!  She is a very good helper, and gets excited about doing laundry- which is great b/c it is getting harder for me to bend and get everything out of the dryer especially since the door doesn't open all the way due to the small space it is in.
   Things are going good this week.  I had a Dr appointment Tuesday for my gestational diabetes test and for my rhogam shot.  After seeing the midwife I went down to the lab to begin the hour long sit and wait test.  First they drew blood to start the type screen of my blood.  Even though it is all over all my records they have to check what kind of blood I have to make sure I really am RH negative and need the rhogam shot.  They told me it would take an hour an a half for the result, so just 30 minutes longer than the diabetes test.  I headed back up to OB/GYN after walking around the hospital after the second blood draw to get my shot.  They called  the lab, it was going to be 20 more minutes..... an hour later I asked about it.  Still waiting.  It was another few hours before I got the shot! I was at the hospital for 6 hours, UGH.  Got my shot and talked with a nurse and my lab work was back (since I had been there so long) and everything looks good.  Still keeping an eye on my blood pressure but no other sign of preeclampsia so I am happy.   
   Wednesday I had to go back up to the hospital for an ultrasound, since technically I haven't had one.  I asked three people the day before where I go for the ultrasound, all told me to check in at OB.  Clay, Gabby and I get up to the 4th floor.  Nope, no appointment there.  I need to be down on the first floor at radiology.  We all go into the little room, the sonographer was very nice and did a great job.  We saw Baby Boy, well one side of him.  Already I can tell he has some of his sisters traits.  He was just as stubborn as she was in utero and refused to show us everything!  We did see his chubby cheeks, and what looks like Clay's jaw and chin.  He is measuring on schedule and weighed in at 3 lbs.  
   Besides hours at spent waiting at the Dr lately (did I mention waiting 2 hours last week for Gabby's 2 year check up?!)  we have been visiting the park near us on nice days.  It is called Mt. Trashmore, it is an old landfill they have turned into a park.  Always windy there and perfect for kite flying.  Fun playgrounds too. Yesterday I walked the mile and a half path while Clay and Gabby played at the castle park.  Headed back today to enjoy the 70* of sunshine it is predicted to be! 

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Sarah you look so great. I love that Gabby is your assistant in the laundry room, that's so perfect. I'm so jealous of the 70 degree weather. We had snow again last week. Ugh! Take care momma!

Krista said...

Hey Sarah!

I found your blog! Yay! Now I will have to read up on what you have been up to!! I love that picture of Gabby helping with the laundry! Talk to you soon!!

-Krista

rockin'_robyn said...

i wish we as adults had the guts to say " i don't want to be told no!" what a cute girl Gabby is :) as for waiting at the doctor's...that totally stinks a whole day wasted!