At two years old Gabby weighs in at 27 lbs putting her in the 60% (just in the past 3 months has she gained 2 lbs, she was holding steady at 25 for months). Height was measured at 35 and a half inches, meaning she is in the 90%. How we have such a tall child is purely genetics said the Dr who was 3 inches shorter than me!
Other news, Gabby is really into speaking other languages. Some is coming from TV shoes (Dora, Diego and Kai Lan) but others is Clay and I trying to expand on what she knows. In Spanish she counts to 5, but knows 8 and 9 too. In Spanish she knows how to say; happy birthday, big, little, slow, fast, long, short, lets go, help me, hello, goodbye, ball, red, butterfly, and a few that I am forgetting. In Chinese we say, Hi, thank you, and are working on come on and 1,2,3. We are back to doing some sign language too. We seemed to have stopped some where along the way when she started the CONSTANT talking. She really likes to use her signs and we quiz each other with them.
Well I am off to play doctor again, this time it isn't for fun. Gabby came down with a fever while we were out to dinner to celebrate a friends birthday last night. Clay was working his night shift so he dropped us off after dinner and went to work till 6am. I got no sleep because I was worried and taking care of Gabby- who acted fine and was pretty happy but was burning up and had a fever of 102.
2 comments:
i think your little girl is so SMART because you always read to her...and she's got pretty smart parents too :)
Hope the fever is gone now, and you are getting a bit of rest.
I just LOVE that we get to hear about eachother's lives this way... I was missing your blogging when you were in Washington (: Love, Kayali
Post a Comment