Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Virginia So Far...

Here are some random thoughts I have on Virginia, so far;
*there is no recycle. At least our complex doesn't have it. Just 1 big dumpster.
*the weather changes daily, 60 yesterday and 29 today! 
*a threat of snow is enough to CLOSE schools! they keep talking about getting snow, but we have not seen any as of yet.
*our dishwasher sucks, only half the dishes seem to get clean- even when giving them a pre scrub.
*the highways are confusing, and have too many interchanges all with the same numbers. oh and the speed limit is only like 55 mph.
*grocery stores have no rhyme or reason as to how they are set up, I can't seem to find anything.
*things move at a much slower pace, or as Clay says "its lazy here"
*there are a million different parts of the military, and not one place is all inclusive like I am used to (medically speaking, paperwork goes all over and so do you).
*nobody goes outside when it is cold, I have yet to see any neighbors.
*when it comes to East Coast geography I haven't a clue where anything is.
*there are lots of stores with the word DOLLAR in it (dollar general, bottom dollar, etc.)
*having only one car stinks. I have no clue how people do it. After only 3 weeks I am on the lookout for another!
   More to come as I think of it!

2 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

ooh i like your list! Try some jet dry in your dishwasher...I hear it works miracles.

Andrea said...

you are very observant of your new "home." That is quite a temperature switch.
Sarah thanks so much for the birthday card. It was so great to get it in the mail.
Happy car hunting! love you!