I have now seen the Atlantic Ocean twice. The first time was two weeks ago when Clay, Gab and I ventured there on a sunny but chilly afternoon just so I could SEE it. This weekend when our friends were in town we took them. They are original West Coasters who never before had seen the Atlantic. Sunday was a beautiful sunny day, with temperatures double what they were on Saturday. We grabbed our kites, and piled in the mini van after a yummy pancake breakfast (cooked by Clay). The wind was TOO strong for our kites, one was lost to the ocean and the other never had a chance with a terrible tangled string. We ran in the sand, touched the water, laughed and all had a great time being outside and with good friends. I am looking forward to many more trips to the ocean, especially once it is hot out and all the shops are open, and I can bask in the sun. Don't ask how it will work with a newborn and a toddler at a crowded beach!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
The Atlantic Ocean
I have now seen the Atlantic Ocean twice. The first time was two weeks ago when Clay, Gab and I ventured there on a sunny but chilly afternoon just so I could SEE it. This weekend when our friends were in town we took them. They are original West Coasters who never before had seen the Atlantic. Sunday was a beautiful sunny day, with temperatures double what they were on Saturday. We grabbed our kites, and piled in the mini van after a yummy pancake breakfast (cooked by Clay). The wind was TOO strong for our kites, one was lost to the ocean and the other never had a chance with a terrible tangled string. We ran in the sand, touched the water, laughed and all had a great time being outside and with good friends. I am looking forward to many more trips to the ocean, especially once it is hot out and all the shops are open, and I can bask in the sun. Don't ask how it will work with a newborn and a toddler at a crowded beach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i want gabby's coat! love the pictures and can't wait to experience the east coast this summer.
Post a Comment