This week has been filled with many things, but the day at the water was my favorite. The day started out with us parking at the end of Atlantic Ave and walking the boardwalk, it was a hot day and Friday afternoon so it was busy. There was some big concert planned for the weekend plus lots of booths getting set up. We walked and showed the visiting grandparents what vacation in VA Beach is about. We stopped in a museum about birds, went out on the pier, put our feet in the Atlantic Ocean (first time for Stan and Rose). Our walk concluded with lunch at the Waterman Grill, the same place we had my delicious birthday dinner! That evening we got the idea of having a picnic dinner.... one stop at KFC and a drive through First Landing State Park looking for a good spot (we didn't really want to eat in the woods, even if the park was pretty) we found ourselves back on Atlantic Ave, the residential end. We took a little path over the dunes and were on a GORGEOUS beach that was mostly empty! The sand proved too much of a temptation for Gabby, she didn't eat. Then her and Clayton went to check out the water. It was a progression from just putting their feet in to a stark naked G running and splashing in the waves! It was an absolute wonderful evening, warm but not hot and relaxing.
Milk seems to be my enemy this week! I have tried to give it up, and I guess it is going okay. Elliot seems to be having a little less gas and tummy pains. I miss it, I just want a glass of it some days. My milk is giving me issues too! I went to bed last night feeling a little sore. I woke up today after Clay left for work and had a major case of the chills! I snuggled under the blanket (which hasn't even been on the bed really for 2 months) and was still cold. The thermometer said 100.7 and I had a major body ache and more tenderness in the milk producers. Right away I knew what it was. I called the Dr and got an appointment. The grandparents came over and watched Gabby while I went to my appointment. Diagnosis: mastitis. So now I have a 10 day supply of antibiotics and feel like I have the flu. Ugh! Ibuprofen is the only thing allowing me to function! And now to leave you with a picture of Elliot, how we see him some days- crying!
3 comments:
Oh Sis, I hope you feel better soon, mastitis sounds awful. On a brighter note the beach sounds wonderful and Elliot is adorable even when crying. xo
I have to say that Molly is right - Elliot is really cute even crying (: I hope that you feel better soon - sounds like no fun at all. Love the pictures of Clay and Gabby too - so funny to see the progression from nervous nellie to water nymph!
my favorite picture is of gabby completely stripped down and dancing on the beach. oh to be 2 again:) i totally agree with kayali and molly...elliot is adorable (even crying)!
Post a Comment