Sunday, January 30, 2011

Party Like You're 4

What a lot can happen in 36 hours! I am not only talking about yesterday and today, but 4 years ago too, which is how long it took for Miss Gabrielle Jean to finally decide to make her entrance into the world. Yesterday we had a great party, it was filled with friends old and new. In total we had 28 people over to help celebrate Gabby's birthday. It was a lot of people, but it worked out pretty great. The kids all played, mostly without issues or fighting and the parents got to chat. Gabrielle was totally spoiled and showered with love and gifts too! here she is today, on her real birthday. Look at the loot, she truly loves it all! Littlest Pet shop and My little Pony were big this year, but it was the Strawberry Shortcake toy that got to go to bed with her! The puppet show/easel has already been broken in. my kitchen has been "cleaned" the books are being read, clothes are already spilled on crafts will be done for weeks to come too! Oh and the pink case at the bottom, filled with dress up shoes and accessories, she was so excited when she opened it up to have "a new fishing box!" her dad was proud!
My sweetie. She chose her yellow dress instead of her fancy red one to go with the yellow head band I made. Yes I made a red one (cut up one of my red t-shirts morning of the party to make it) but it wasn't as cute. Night before I stayed up till midnight crafting two clips to give to little girls at the party (the under ones). Clay informed me all the other girls would be jealous so instead of getting everything ready on party day I was sitting in my pjs crafting 5 felt hair pretties for all the other girls!
The first time we haven't made our own cake. She wanted this one, picked it over all the other designs at Costco and chose the colors.
We painted piggy banks (saving pigs, get it- in Snow White she was saved by a pig. The hunter gave the Wicked Queen a pig's heart instead of Snow Whites! Gross I know, but I thought it was a clever take on it! oh and I didn't tell anyone that- just the whole world wide web now!)
Geo and his parents made the long drive down just for the party! We loved having them and wished they could have stayed, they even braved the snow at their house to come. They were at her 1st birthday party too!
a picture from our photo shoot last week.
On Wednesday she told me she wanted to practice saying she was four. The conversation went something like this: G "let's practice." Me "ok. How old are you?" G "I'm FOUR!" pretty cute.
I loved the banner I made, it was just scrap book paper and ribbon (with staples to hold the paper on since my spray adhesive and super glue wouldn't work!) it has been up for almost 2 weeks now, and after I take down "Gabby" I can leave it up for 2 more weeks for Clayton! I could even re-arrange the letters to spell Baby- as in Clayton!

So last night after partying like 4 year olds both kids were asleep by 7pm . Gabby woke up not feeling well and with a fever, and told me she had an ear infection at 2am. Medicine and rest today, lots and lots of sleep on her part and hopefully this fever business goes away and STAYS away for some time! After 6 days of fevers last week between the two, and not leaving the house I am ready for cold and flu season to be done with. Thank you everyone for all of the love and friendship you give Gabrielle, it means so much to her and us too!

2 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

1. I love that you incorporated G's birth into today & yesterdays post.
2. She is so stinkin' cute and spoiled. I think she looks a little like aunt party with her bangs.
3. Do you wish you had a tape gun like me now? :)
4. I hope everyone is well soon. XO

K + T said...

It's so sweet that she has so many friends and so sweet that Geo could be there! And I'm sorry but I just have to say it "Wow, what a lot of loot!"
As far as the hostess with the mostess (you darling Sarah) way to go on the party mode - you are an inspiration!