Wednesday, June 18, 2008

8 years!

I still am having a hard time believing it, but 8 years ago yesterday (June 17)  Clayton and I had our very first date!  Since then we have been inseparable~ well besides me spending a year at CWU, and all of the time Clayton has been gone on ships and school for the Navy.  He wasn't home to celebrate it, but we did spend the evening emailing back and forth and talking about the memories we have of our early days together (to email almost like chatting is a rare thing these days so it was extra special that we got to do it last night.)  It really puts a smile on my face to think of all the things the past 8 years have held for us.  
We were introduced by his coworkers at Foot Locker, also known as my big Sis.  The day I graduated from high school he sent me a dozen roses which was a big surprise because we really didn't know each other.  Lets just say I was a tad giddy!  I called to thank him for the flowers and he asked me out!  Our first date he took me to the Olive Garden and a movie.  I should have gotten a clue about him when for our second date he invited me to his softball game!  
 So to the man who swept me off my feet 8 years ago I say thank you and I love you!  You give me so much happiness and joy.  I feel blessed to have you as my partner and who I get to share my life with.  Without you there would be no us, and without us there would be no sweet Gabby Jean!  I Love You Clayton, Hurry Home To Us! 

2 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

I started tearing up when I read this. So sweet.

Andrea said...

This is so sweet! I can't believe it's been 8 years, Sarah. I also started tearing up but that's a norm for me lately. Happy tears...I think it's the hormones! Congratulations on 8 years of being with the man you love.