To get me to blog on a more regular basis I am going to start writing on Sundays about
an adventure we did during the week, most likely off base.



This week took us down "blue street" (named so b/c the road is BLUE). Pam and Geo our neighbors were with Gabby and I. We park on base at one of the gates and push our strollers out into real world Japan. We stopped at Paseos, each floor filled with something different. Our stop was floor 3, children. We each bought a yukata (summer kimono). 100yen store was next where you can ALWAYS find something to buy. I ended up with a banana keeper, elmo toy, head band and some fruit (yes they have recently started selling produce). We ate one of the peaches for breakfast-sweet deliciousness!
Gabby and Geo needed a break from the strollers so we headed to a little park a few blocks away, across from City Hall. They have a little fountain there that a handful of Japanese kids were playing in so we figured it was okay to partake. Gabby's dress came off and she splashed and danced in the water wearing her shirt and bloomers, plus sandals for traction! It was a great time, understanding spoken language with the others there wasn't necessary when you have the common language of laughter! I even had a young boy come up to me and instruct me to roll up my capri pants so they wouldn't get wet. Since Gabby and Geo got their clothes all wet (I could have put her dress on her since she didn't wear it in the water) we put their new yukata's on them. Now that makes for an adorable picture- too bad they wouldn't both look at the same time for a picture!
For an early dinner I took Pam to Pepperlunch- my favorite spot to eat. I am still amazed that it has taken her three years to eat there, and does it her last month here. Oh how I will crave it when we do move! I usually get the same thing, beef pepper rice. It is only 640yen and is plenty of food. It is served on a scorching hot iron skillet, white sticky rice with corn and some sauce piled in the middle. Outside the rice lies raw beef. Cook it right there at your seat and wait a bit for it to cool down and then you savor the taste. Gabby loves it, no surprise there- I took her there when she was less than two weeks old. Nowadays she insists on sitting on her own stool, yes she is getting that big!
Since Clayton is away for Father's Day, we emailed him a special greeting to wake up to.
1 comment:
Love the new weekly post, and way to include some good pictures too. Pepperlunch looks sooooo good. I promise you will crave it when you leave (i do). I also love that G wears bloomers :)
Post a Comment