
Since joining stroller class in February I have gotten better at running. I am not in fantastic shape but I am able to run longer and with more ease than months and even weeks ago. The ladies, and one token man from class have all started to participate in the runs that the base puts on. We have done a few 3K runs and in the past month have done two 5K runs. Friday MWR put on a 5K, so we signed up. I hadn't run in a week due to Gabby being sick, so I was a little worried how I would do. Start time was 11:30am. Gabby was really tired and ready for nap. It was over 80 degrees. The route took us UP pool hill. I stopped to help a friend and her son who was feeling the heat. I ran to the finish. I got sunburned. My time was slower than last race. I feel like I want to run more. I feel accomplished!
1 comment:
Congratulations you little athlete you! 5K is a big deal! It's great to hear that you are enjoying it! Love, Kayali
Post a Comment