We had a great time getting up close and personal with lots of farm animals. The girls each had a pony ride. Gabby rode Sugar and l.o.v.e.d. it. That night after babysitting another friend, we came home and G came down with a sudden fever and was sound asleep at 6:45pm. She had a fever and was tired, plus body aches and pains, etc. Friday and Saturday we spent around the house taking it easy. Being the hypochondriac and worrier I am, I woke up her checking to see if her sore neck and fever were serious. After days of dealing with it and waking up a million times I decided that if anything bothered her at all I was taking her to Patient First (urgent care). Sunday she woke up crying with her neck and throat sore so off we went. Strep test, negative. looks like just a cold..... please just let us check your ears, that was a 20 minute battle complete with screaming. Ear infection. Not one single complaint of her ears, not even since then. Her lymph nodes were hugely swollen, but are now back to normal. Today was our first day back to almost normal. It just wasn't Gabby, being tired, wrapping herself in a blanket wanting to nap. So thankful my girl is feeling better.
Elliot was not intimidated by anything, he pulled a turkey tail feather and made it squak and jump! he laughed, then tried to go after it again.This guy is so full of zest, spunk and mischievous yet such a sweet and smart boy too. Today he tested every ounce of patience I had. He climbs on the loveseat just to go up and over the armrest. He plays in the soil of the one potted plant we have, dropping toys into it, pouring water in it, scooping it out. He gets the same 2 DVD's out of the tv cabinet and takes the cases apart, I found them in my closet today. Then, he gives sweet kisses when you ask, and he loves dogs so much he has barked like one during the night. What a boy, and oh how I love him.
Tonight, after Gabby's "tornado" tummy which thankfully was on the toilet (thanks antibiotics) and E's sneaky no diaper mess, Clay was cleaning the carpet so we got banished to the bedrooms. Dress up and playing on the bed is what the result was. I told Gabby to take her finger out of her nose, and this is what I get- Elliot sticking his finger in his nose! That sums up how my day went.
After fighting and making messes, these two adore each other. They danced together, and laughed.
I love this crazy life of mine!
3 comments:
So glad Gabby is feeling better. There is nothing worse than sick kids. Adelle and Emmett have caught something. I think it's just a cold but....ugh...I'm so not ready for cold season!
Did you make the tutu?? Too cute! Love the pictures of your little ones.
How good it feels to see the little ones we love so much! Thanks for posting the notes and pix. You are a treasure, SarahBeth! And one talented photographer and writer. Love, Mom aka Nene
who's comforter is that? G's?:) such sweet babies you have...miss you.
Post a Comment