It has been more than a year since Gabby was a daily nap taker. She rarely, if ever will nap. The time it is most likely to happen is if it is 3 or 4pm and we are in the car. Well yesterday I was feeling exhausted and my body a little run down, plus I had taken the kids to the aquarium for a bit. Elliot went down for his nap late, Gabby and I read stories on her bed- meaning I was laying down and already tired. Elliot woke up, but I got him back to sleep, and I convinced Gabby to snuggle and try to sleep too. The 3 of us sleep sweetly in Gabby's twin bed, I woke up energized after only 25 minutes. The kids continued to doze, and I sat watching them! So sweet they are, and their bodies are getting so long I just gazed at them with amazement.
When the kids woke up I remembered why Gabby doesn't nap. She was cranky right away, and then it was more than work trying to get her to bed!
To burn off some of the energy we took the kids to the park after dinner, and really made them RUN. Chase and races were not enough tho, they still didn't want to go to bed when it was time. The park was fun, and it is so nice to be out there when it isn't 90* out. It almost feels like fall with the temps dipping into the 70's.
This may have been part of why G slept, a bribe of yummy fudge pop.
E enjoyed it too. Glad we ate them outside, chocolate ice cream ran down both of their chins and arms.
RUN, get that energy out!

Horse ride anyone? The kids LOVE to do this!


Do you see how long this girls hair is? Fresh out of the bath. The curls make it look so much shorter!
2 comments:
They are getting so big! I wish we could come for a sleep over soon I miss you all.
Can't believe how long g's hair is and the two of them are so tall.
xo
wowza! the kiddos are getting so big!! love the picture of them "riding" clayton :) has G ever had a haircut?
Post a Comment