Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloweenie

Halloween has come and gone, three times it feels like! This weekends festivities included Zoo Boo at, the ZOO! Clay was working so it was just Little Red Riding Hood (Gabby) a Cowboy (Elliot) and I, meeting up with our good friends Spencer (Seth), Spencer's tender (Gina) and Sir Topham Hatt (Rick). We had a great time, even with the crowds of people there. The only animals I saw were the rear ends of a rhino and zebra. We spent most of our time playing in the bouncy house, hay ride, and walking around a very slow congested circle to trick or treat!

Here is part of us, with an extra ghost and girl thrown in.
Cowboy, he wrangled sucker after sucker (as you can see in his hand) and was a sticky boy who fell asleep in the stroller before we got to the car.
Costumes for the day, courtesy of our dress up box!
Gabby Loved these two things! Not afraid at all, I worry about the girl.

I have only a few pictures of the actual night of Halloween. I guess we were just too busy knocking on doors, grabbing candy and having fun for me to even think twice about the camera around my neck. We went with our buddies, again- Gina, Rick, Seth and Anna, Stella and Albert in Anna's MIL's neighborhood. What can I say, the kids got like 3 full size candy bars and lots of the houses were fully decorated with inflatables, lights and music! We lasted an hour, walking slow to try and keep us all together, but ended up with a load of candy! The kids were wiped out, home at 7:30 and asleep at 8pm.
right after this picture, he pulled off the tail! he does love to pull tails!
My Princess, without her wig and before the army jacket was on.
I got the job of going through the candy! I organized it by chocolate, fruity candy and then suckers! Some of it is hidden away, from all of us (let's hope I forget where it is!).
We really didn't bring 4 pumpkins with us. Saturday, Dennis who we call our geographical grandpa brought Gabby a pink, and Elliot a green pumpkin FILLED with goodies. Candy bars, mints, juice boxes, chips, pretzels, silly band rings, and fruit snacks! It about made our day, so sweet!
I am exhausted now, time to take it easy and rest up before another VERY exciting weekend- filled with something sweeter than candy.... FAMILY!

2 comments:

rockin'_robyn said...

who is coming to visit? sounds like you had a very busy weekend...so did we here in cali :)

Gina said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG. I'm such a stalker.