I have never been a hard core reader, like the entire rest of my family (we are talking book upon book). However I do go thru spurts of reading, and really enjoy it. If I find a book and get into it, well let's just say I stay up way too late reading until I finish it. This summer while at Barnes & Noble, I picked up a few cheap reads not really knowing what they were. I finally got around to reading them the past month. My favorite was "Mrs. Perfect" by Jane Porter. I was unaware it was not the first book in a collection, but enjoyed it greatly. I loved that it took place in Bellevue and could picture many of the places it talked about. It gave a peek into the wealthy lives of PTA moms and all the drama that money can bring.
The book that you should read first, is called "Odd Mom Out." I got it from the library and it was a good quick read too.
Just this week I read "Slicker" by Lucy Jackson. It was an okay book, but the ending was lame and had none of the excitement and finality you want.
Last month I read a British novel by Anna McPartlin called "As Sure as the Sun." I had to get the book out b/c I didn't even remember what it was about. It was alright and I got thru it quickly but it wasn't memorable.
I keep having this dream of going to the library and actually being able to look and search for good books. Don't get me wrong, we go to the library twice a week for story time, but never is it easy to look for my books. The kids love to pull the rolling stools up and down the stacks, and climb, and then pull books and cds off the shelf. I also have a dream about getting more sleep, hasn't happened this week at all!

3 comments:
You are a reading machine lately :) Good post sissy, I hope you get more sleep this weekend. XO
Ok I agree that you are a reading machine....look at that list. I'm trying to read the same two books that I've had since summer!!
I reserve books online through the library. You should see if your library there offers it. It's really easy. I get book lists from friends and then I get on line and reserve them and when they come into the library they call me and I can pick them up. This is magical since we too go to story time but looking for books with 3 little ones is not productive!!
Good luck!
I agree with Andrea! It is supper easy to reserve books online at the library! :) If either of you need book ideas i am your lady...i am a huge book dork...I am in two book clubs! Love you both! -Shelby
Post a Comment