Aunt T, that is you on the stand up paddle board in the glow of the sunset!
So I have gotten this bug again, a running bug. I have not run much at all lately, mainly due to this awful cough that just keeps hanging on... it has made a comeback with Gabby this week too. Yesterday the temperatures soared into the high 70's and when Clay got home from work I took a much needed mental break and went for a run. I only lasted 2.5 miles which even that was tough but it felt good.
I need the exercise. I need me time. I need a reason to keep running.
I have a few great friends that run and we all want to do a race together. I found the perfect one (in my opinion). The flying pirate half marathon was my suggestion to them. I LOVE the Outerbanks of North Carolina, it is so beautiful, only a 2 hour drive and the race is far enough off we have time to train properly. Oh and we are going to wear running skirts too, as long as the weather cooperates!
I don't know if this is nuts or not but I think it is a good goal and would be fun. Now I just need to finish convincing myself that I can do it- again! 13.1 miles is a whole heck of a lot for me, and it takes quite a bit of commitment to get there (phhh, I didn't train enough last time so doing more than 6 miles on a regular basis is going to take dedication, especially in the winter and spring when it can be nasty weather).
4 comments:
Good for you Sarah! Me time is a must!
Halloween kiddos are adorable!!
Won't you look like a fancy lady in your running skirt! You can do it, its still almost six months away. :-) PLENTY of time!
Sarah if you find motivation to run in the nasty weather please share!!! This is the hardest time for me to run :( -Shelbs
You go girl. I am in awe of your ambition and ability! XX!
Post a Comment