Monday, October 18, 2010

pillows and potatos

Twice in the past week I have come home to every single pillow, and cushion in the house being made into a pile on the toy room floor! Clay directs the kids as they climb up on the bed, jump off onto the pile, then repeat! On Saturday morning after my short run (really trying to get back to running since this cough came and made it impossible) they were jumping and referring to themselves as Tough Nut (Gabby) and Rough Nut (Elliot).... we just watched How To Train Your Dragon!

I used up some of the sweet potatoes I have had sitting around, making them into this delicious nutty sweet potato soup! I loved it, as did Elliot. Gabby thought it was too peanut buttery and Clay doesn't like PB flavor in things or sweet potatoes! could easily be made vegan too- using vegetable stock and omitting the honey (which really isn't that necessary). I stood at the stove testing the soup for my lunch!

2 comments:

Batten Rouge said...

I made the soup too and LOVED it!! So easy and I usually have most of those ingredients around the house which is even better :)

Gina said...

The pillows are hilarious and the soup looks delicious. I will be making it soon. Yum.