Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful


Life is good. I have so much to be thankful for, and this past weekend we celebrated so many of the things in life that make us so blessed. We had Thanksgiving two times, and ate tons of delicious food. Here is a picture recap of what we have been up to, and some of what makes my family happy.
Geo came to visit this weekend, (for our 2nd dinner). Elliot and Geo got along great, and were so cute together. This is my only pic of their trip, but we had such a good time with Pam, Yoyo and Geo. Gabby was a happy girl to have her best friend here, and have a sleep over with him.
persimmons. From my friends tree. I have eaten so many of these almost candy fruits!
pecan pie, I could eat it for breakfast. lunch. dinner. it disappeared. I used a spring form pan for this (the 2nd one) and it worked much better than I thought.
me, with straight hair. Gabby was none to happy about me straightening it- even just for the day. I felt like she was my dad (love you Dad!) the way she got upset about it!
My baby girl is sick today, fever. She "just doesn't feel like playing" and so Elliot and I spent the day by her side as she lay on her bed and the couch.
udon noodles, carrot, spinach, all in Clay's homemade turkey broth. today's lunch that we gobbled up.
Asian lettuce wraps- minus the wrap! ground turkey, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, soy, ginger, sesame oil, siracha, rice wine vinegar.
breakfast picnic, Gabby's new thing. she sets up a table cloth and napkins for all our meals (on the ground!). pumpkin pancakes (with flax seed )
TWO!
I see a few games in their future.
look at that face. G had her last day of ballet and all the parents watched.
she did pretty good, but didn't stop talking the entire time!
as of last night this little monkey has his crib converted into a toddler bed! he is PRO at climbing out of the crib and for safety we thought it would be better to have him closer to the ground in all his monkey business. so far he is excited about it- he likes to get up and down out of it and jump. sleep, not so much!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Sarah you are so beautiful and if I remember right your clothes have always been much cuter than mine:)! I love that you still have your b-ball sweats. That makes me feel better!
Pecan pie is my favorite and those asian wraps look delicious! Would you email the details on those, I'd love to make them!
Your little ballerina is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I can't even make up my mind about which of these wonderful pix is my favorite. They sure do make me smile, as does your excellent narration ! I hope our girl feels better tomorrow. try and get some rest too. Love you, honey. Mom

Batten Rouge said...

Sarah you look fantastic!! I seriously cannot wait to see you in a few weeks! I made some dang good lettuce wraps a couple weeks ago, totally winged it but they turned out great. Yours look good too :D xoxo

Ms. Molly said...

You look beautiful sis. And I agree with everyone I want a yummy lettuce wrap. Love those cute kiddos of yours. xo